Another Alarm Question

kcpth

Hey guys.... im sorry for bugging you guys. I did a search on the forum and i'm not sure if I missed anyone with the same symptom as mine.... but i think i am the only one with this symptom.

Well my girlfriend has a 92 ES300. The other day it rained really bad in Plattsburgh, N.Y. When she got back from a school camping trip... from what i've heard.... someone left a note on her car saying that the alarm was on ALL NIGHT from 1AM to 7AM. I am currently not in school with her in Plattsburgh, so I can't fully see what is going on with the car. I dont know what happened at the camping trip either or if anyone has tried to break into the car that night :geek: .

Well she called me on the phone in the afternoon giving me an example of it going off. She just came back from driving, and she parked the car and locked the doors. A few minutes later, it goes off :wacko: ... im assuming when the car fully activates as some of you mentioned after 2 minutes it fully activated. She can turn the key into the car and the alarm shuts off. I've suggested to close all doors properly. The alarm still goes off after a few minutes. Then i suggested taking the Negative Battery off the terminal... she put it back in 2 hrs later when she needed to go out driving again... and the same thing... the alarm would come on... i was hoping resetting the ECU might help (just prayed that worked... even though it was probably a worthless try).... and now i'm out of ideas. Here is a note... she is using one of those ebay keys. She didn't have any problems before though. Should i send her the original? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1am-7am, yep! When a stock Lexus alarm trims, it's not on a timer. They stay on 'till the key is in the ignition. Real annoying!

Have her securely close the trunk & hood, and have her watch the car for 3min after doing so. (It should activate in 30 seconds) Unlock & lock all the doors seperately by hand.

I don't think the key would be a problem if it unlocks the doors.

A note for the future, pulling the EFI fuse in the box by the battery for a second & replacing it will reset the ECU's. (Or the battery cable)

Don't be sorry about asking questions!

It sounds like it's going off all the time, but if it doesn't happen when she's around, I'd tell her to take any valueables out of the car!

Thanks Toy and Sk for you opinions :lol: .... by afternoon time I will tell her to inspect the cars as you both mentioned.

Is there a reason why foul weather does this to a vehicle? Or is it just a bad luck thing or timing? <_< Another thing is, I had the impression that most alarms would shut off on its own after a few minutes of running or do you suppose that is what happened and it re-engaged the alarm systems and the vicious cycles happened again... on and off on and off? I don't believe it was my girlfriend who shut off the alarm at 7AM though, i think just out of pure luck... the horns decided that it needed a breather. Well i will reconfirm with my girlfriend if she shut off the alarm in the morning.

Also, if it is a door pin having a bad connection, while the car is on, she can techniqually see on her dash board the open door sign right? If that is indeed the problem we can notice it right away right?

Thanks again guys.

Tom

Again thanks for the response Toys. Well so far there has been some new light. My girlfriend said that the alarm hasn't gone on yesterday.... she mentioned to me that there was a puddle by the side of the car in the trunk though. It was where the CD changer would have been. The puddle is either from Coolant or Windshield Washer Fluid. I suppose one of the bottles might have been cut opened by a object in the trunk n leaked into that pit. She said there were some exposed wires over there.... but i'm assuming those wires are from the CD Changer, but how will that have been an issue for the alarm? Well i'm not even sure that was the problem.... but that is what my girlfriend thinks. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks again.

Tom