Totaled Or Not?

RXIS

i didn't realise that I had posted the message in this forum when I was comparing something between different forums. I have more pics but I couldn't get it to work. I wasn't looking for something very meaningful. Just a little guessing game before I hear the results

anyway. its an 01 is300 with about 68k miles with the black escaine interior in very good condition. well...too bad for me...I've seen the interior in a few other is300s and I didn't like it as much as my style. I think the 05 interior from my dealer's loaner looked ugly and cheap. The airbag didn't go off.

the question about interior damage was to assess how far back the visible damage goes. If the dashboard was moved or glass cracked.....it all adds in to the cost. The airbags if deployed would be a good for another grand in the totalling cost.

Suprising....that much front end damage and no airbag deployment. Hope the frame ain't out of whack now.

What happened, is it your car or a friends?

steviej

hehe...i have two threads on the same subject in two forums. oh well

I blacked out. It happens every now and then but not like it did this time.

I'm seeing a doctor about it. I think we were all surprised that the airbag didn't go off. Can an airbag protect you from seatbelt injuries?

Anyway, Allstate doesn't want to claim it totaled but the shop says it is definitely totaled. I'm having salvage buyers bid on it. I'm also thinking about bringing in a 3rd appraiser, but i don't know how much good that would even accomplish. I hope it doesn't lead to hiring a lawyer.

the question about interior damage was to assess how far back the visible damage goes.  If the dashboard was moved or glass cracked.....it all adds in to the cost.  The airbags if deployed would be a good for another grand in the totalling cost.

Suprising....that much front end damage and no airbag deployment.  Hope the frame ain't out of whack now.

What happened, is it your car or a friends?

steviej