Brake Replacement

stever

I need a pdf on replacing the front and rear brake pads on a 98 LS400. I am hoping that someone out there has this. I couldn't find it :blink: - I hope one of you can provide. Thanks very much in advance for your help. :rolleyes:

I need a pdf on replacing the front and rear brake pads on a 98 LS400. I am hoping that someone out there has this. I couldn't find it  :blink:  - I hope one of you can provide. Thanks very much in advance for your help. :rolleyes:

Here is the front pad replacement for a 98. Will have to post the rear as a seperate reply. Good luck on this not a hard job to do.

Laserron

br23_repl.pdf

Stever, do yourself a favor before you do this. Go to your nearest auto parts store and buy a few cans of brake part cleaner spray. You'll want probably 2 cans per wheel. This will help you out big time! I learned this last weekend when replacing my rear rotors and pads....the whole assembly was FILTHY!! That stuff was wonderful to have on hand! Especially when pulling the shims and plate off of the old pads to use on the new pads. You'll also want a litte sandpaper to remove any rust you've built up on the rotor mounting plate. Make sure it's pretty clean before you put the new rotor back on "if you're messing with the rotors that is". This is a super easy process! Also, make sure you've got a good grip on the new pads when you put the cross V shaped spring wire on them. I was hunting around my driveway for 30 minutes looking for one that flung itself off when I was trying to put it all back together.

:cheers: Thanks so much for the info guys. I will have a crack at it tomorrow. I was a little hesitant due to the fact that there is the wear indicator and the pins holding the assy together. Any recommendations on brake pads? I got the Autozone specials to put in but if you guys feel strongly different then I will return them and get the recommended spares. Again thanks! :)

I've got the autozone specials on my fronts...they don't squeek or anything, but they do throw a lot of dust at first. I've noticed a reduction lately though. For $25 for a set of 4, you can't really beat that. They stop fine too.