Original Parts For Tune Up And Timing Belt

VMF

my parts finally arrived and here are some pix of it, i hope moderators would not mind:)

fist come the timing belt, peace of art from toyota , has signs in japanese and english and even got a sticker to record the mileage and special cover to put on a stick in order for it not to get dirty. i like japanese work :D

timing-vi.jpg

here is an original cable set, not some cheap bosh cable they want 100$ for but nice original work with 3 new plastic handlers. Of course my cat was not able to miss this great even, she is a big car enthusiast and nothing can happen around here without her strict supervision

100_0019-vi.jpg

rotors and caps are made by Denso, i think denso supplies most of those things for toyota, all filters and cables are also denso.

100_0026-vi.jpg

100_0025-vi.jpg

I think i'm gonna do the whole thing myself, just dont know when i'm gonna have time, not i'm waiting for my (DENSO once again) spark plugs to arrive. i think i will do it either next or in 2 weekends. whole operation should not take more then 1-2 days, unless of course i will run into some complications. i will make a lot of pictures and i will post em on my site and i will try to make a clear follow up instructions, so you guys will not have to pay lotsa money for this expensive labor:)

i don;t think anyone would mind about pics

i am wondering are there just jdm maintance parts or is there something else special about them as to some size differences

also where did you order them from

also why are you replacing all these parts

AS far as i was able to check my car didnt have any kind of service like this. so my gas mileage decreased for like 50 miles per tank and i can hear all my bearings already, they making noises. tenssioner is also making some strange noise. and water pump i'm changing just to be sure its not gonna brake on me anytime soon. i really dont wanna change timing belt again if its gonna brake.

oh and i got parts at www.newlexusparts.com

cable set was 97$

timing belt 51$

serpentine belt 34$

right pulley 96$

left pulley 62$

timing belt tensioner is 39$

caps are 11$ each

rotors are 7$ each

air filter is 15,5$

fual fileter is 20.62$

and oil filter is 8$

Excellent photos, my compliments. I'll have to be more diligent in the future with the digital camera. Hey Brooklyn, I think you got a great buy on the stuff. Maybe if you get a chance to post the invoice with the parts numbers we'd all have a nice shopping list. I need some of that stuff. Anyway, your cat seems to be guarding the parts so I'll check out. I've been waxing my truck and it's 2:05 in the AM. I've found some awesome wax, I'll post info on it later.

Denny

any rotating bearing and or pully, wires, cam cover seals waterpump and all new radiator. cost me about $1500 just in parts but it ran so smooth after that it was like new :) hey when you take everything appart be careful of rubber grommets that hold wires on to plastic parts sometimes they are hard to put on and take off and also when you get to pulling off the water pump you really need to pull because that thing is stuckon there with some ultra sticky stuff :lol: well good luck! :P

hey, thanks for advice, how should i stick the new pump back in? what kind of glue should i use?

as to the wax i use mother's clay bar, then prewax and then i put the wax.

i think i used a silicone gasket sealent sold at your local car parts store and that works great i have used it on many cars and it works great! just make sure that the surface is really clean and remember that you dont need that much sealant just enough to fill in the grooves and a very thin above that toomuch will result in a mess and a possible contamination of your cooling system with silicon chunks. have fun :lol: