Lexus & Mechanical Problems

Speaklife

I am so surprised from reading these boards.  I didn't know before I purchased my new 2005 Lexus ES 330 that they had this many mechanical problems.  I pray my does not.  :wacko:

I will say this, if you think Lexus is bad and has lots of problem, never buy a VW. Ford. Dodge, or a GM. You will think Lexus is "god" then.

.....Based on JDP, Lexus is #1 for years ( I think 11)

Yeah I'm not aware of any of these mechanical problems you're talking about...

Keep in mind when you take information from a forum like this that people either come here because they love their cars, or because they hate their cars. Most owners never come to these forums so its a situation where the things you see discussed here don't occur to MOST people that own the cars...

I am so surprised from reading these boards.  I didn't know before I purchased my new 2005 Lexus ES 330 that they had this many mechanical problems.  I pray my does not. :wacko:

I will say this, if you think Lexus is bad and has lots of problem, never buy a VW. Ford. Dodge, or a GM. You will think Lexus is "god" then.

.....Based on JDP, Lexus is #1 for years ( I think 11)

Now, this is GREAT news! I had a pontiac before, and if I touched something in the vehicle, it would just drop off in my hand. LOL, Shame. I'm happy with my Lexus. The wheel feels so secure in my hands. Pure comfort! I'm really excited about the after the sell comforts! I love my Lexus :rolleyes:

I am just wondering what are all the problems a 05 ES330 has?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE MY LEXUS ES 330. I was just amazed that on the surface of this ES 330 Forum that there would be this many topics of mechanical failure discussions for Lexus; ie. Transmission Hesitation; 38 responses to Mods & Probs thread; Radio Probs; turn signal probs; Abs sensors failure...

I have not read in all of the threads yet; but, again, I was just amazed that there were any mechanical failures.:cries: You guys just burst my bubble, since I thought (and still do think) that I HAVE THE BEST CAR IN THE ENTIRE WORLD! :cheers: I LOVE MY LEXUS ES 330!!!

Yeah I'm not aware of any of these mechanical problems you're talking about...

Keep in mind when you take information from a forum like this that people either come here because they love their cars, or because they hate their cars. Most owners never come to these forums so its a situation where the things you see discussed here don't occur to MOST people that own the cars...

Is that your car? Its real pretty! I saw that color and almost got it; but, the model the Lexus dealer in my town had did not have the NAV system. So, I got a crystal white...its nice to me...

You have to realise the ES model and all the threads do not pertain to the 330 model but a span of all years from 1990-2005 so in 15 years there are going to be problems but not many pertain to the newer ones as they haven;t aged much

Right. You also have to remember that there are FAR more ES's on the road than ANY other Lexus vehicle, with the RX catching up quick. They've sold 80k ES's a year since 1992. Thats a lot of vehicles, sure its going to look like there are more problems on the surface but that changes when you compare it to the number of cars on the road.

You're driving one of the most reliable cars on the road.

Right. You also have to remember that there are FAR more ES's on the road than ANY other Lexus vehicle, with the RX catching up quick. They've sold 80k ES's a year since 1992. Thats a lot of vehicles, sure its going to look like there are more problems on the surface but that changes when you compare it to the number of cars on the road.

You're driving one of the most reliable cars on the road.

Thank you...I believe this...and I am real happy with my car.

I am just wondering what are all the problems a 05 ES330 has?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE MY LEXUS ES 330. I was just amazed that on the surface of this ES 330 Forum that there would be this many topics of mechanical failure discussions for Lexus; ie. Transmission Hesitation; 38 responses to Mods & Probs thread; Radio Probs; turn signal probs; Abs sensors failure...

I have not read in all of the threads yet; but, again, I was just amazed that there were any mechanical failures.:cries: You guys just burst my bubble, since I thought (and still do think) that I HAVE THE BEST CAR IN THE ENTIRE WORLD! :cheers: I LOVE MY LEXUS ES 330!!!

One has to remember as well that Lexus sells tens of thousands of these cars per model year......the problems you mentioned above are few & far between all things considered & also remember.....no automaker has invented the 'perfect car' that will never have the odd mechanical or other gremlins & I doubt we will ever see that in our lifetime. Mburn was right, the JD Power ratings (as well as others) have Lexus on tope for over a decade now & I expect that to grow over the years. B) Just enjoy! :D

:cheers:

>_>

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Apparantly you've not considered the possibility that there are 20,000-40,000 members on every descent Lexus / Toyota oriented forum.

It's the most reliable name on the planet, and the ES has been the most reliable car on the planet for a lot of it's fairly short lifespan.

If you think there are a lot of problems, you need to go spend time on non Toyota oriented forums.

'nuff said.