Speaker Question

i have been reading that some of u replace ur entire system; speakers, amps, tweeters. and some of u guys re-cone. which is the best way to go? i mean the cheapest way is to re-cone. i mean how good can a 10-year-old system sound? i was thinking of adding front and rear 4" componants, new amp, sub, and hu. is the stock system really all that good?

i have been reading that some of u replace ur entire system; speakers, amps, tweeters. and some of u guys re-cone. which is the best way to go? i mean the cheapest way is to re-cone. i mean how good can a 10-year-old system sound? i was thinking of adding front and rear 4" componants, new amp, sub, and hu. is the stock system really all that good?

It depends what you are looking for in a system. It also depends on what system you have, the premium(pioner) or the NAK, there isn't too much difference in the sound. But ultimatly its what you are looking for ie lots of bas,or great sound quality, or both

I think there is a big difference between the Nak and the "Premium" Pioneer. Just look at the amps. The pioneer amp fits in the palm of your hand, while the Nak is big enough to double as a boat anchor. I fixed (re-coned) all of my 4"-ers a while back and have been happy with the result. You have to make sure the guy knows what he's doing though. My guy's famous in Houston among the music world. 20+ years of experience. He's very busy. My amp might be coming close to rebuild time though. $65 plus parts. I really like the Nak. However, if I had the Pioneer set-up, I would definately gut it and start fresh. I just limo tinted my back and rear-side windows and put maxium legal on the front-sides. Maybe my new leather kit and speakers won't rot out so quick. Tint was the best investment I ever made. When the heat index get to around 110 it's a life saver. Especially the Lumar metallic hy-brid line that I went with. Gives the car a real face-lift too. Looks newer.

You should abandon the 4" concept immediately. Try some decent 6-1/2" Infinity or JL's in the rear. In the front you are going to have to fab to get much of anything bigger than the 4", so once you start, aim for some 6-1/2" there as well, in fact you can get 6x9" in the front door location.

My 6-1/2" Infinity 6002's are well driven by the often trashed Pioneer Premium system, and no, you can not hold that amp in the palm of your hand, it is the size of the cd-changer in your trunk. Though the amp on the factory 8" sub is small and will fit in your hand.

it all depends on the money. BUT DO NOT RECONE.

If you want you can just do everything in stages.

First replace the speakers. With a bigger size the 4 inch, 6 1/2 will do.

Then Change the radio, amps etc. To redo the whole thing is a project in its self. But its all up to ur own ear.