Trying to decide on a new Lexus

BradNC

Hello all.

I'm new to this board and I've been trying to decide on a new car. I've looked at the BMW 3 series, which is tempting. However, I know for a long term purchase, the Lexus is a better choice. I'm considering the GS 300 due to the fact that I don't have a lead foot so I haven't considered the 400. I would appreciate any help or advice anyone could give in regard to making this purchase. I must admist that the GS line is a little expensive for me but the IS doesn't appeal to me too much.

Thanks!

Brad

I would feel comfortable recommending to you any model in the lexus line up depending on what you want. For me, particular models apealing to are( in no particular order )

IS300 - the new 5 spd

GS series any year

LS any year

SC (of course)

Good luck and welcome.

For price concerns, look at an older model. They are some of the best holding vehicles I've ever seen. I have had not one problem from my 93 w/ 105,000 miles. Just routine maintenance. And I got it for a good price.

• 4 months later...

it depends on what kind of car you want. an SUV, sedan, coupe, sports sedan, etc.

and what kind of conditions you have where you live, like potholes, etc.

the GS is a great sports sedan, great look and power.

the SC is a great coupe for everyday driving.

the LS is a strong, large sedan

the RX is a nice small, yet gas-efficient SUV.

the ES is a great daily commuting car (i have one) :)

the LX is a large SUV, but serves a purpose on trips.

the IS is a really well built sports sedan as well. it costs less to tune than the GS (i think) and is really well built. this i like mainly because it carries a manual trans... :D

i think i just finished them all...