New Driveline Tsp To Fix Clunk

Jugdish

Had routine maintainance done today and the service manager told me that Lexus has Redesigned the driveline and the thumps are no longer an issue. He ordered a new one for me and it is set to be in place by thursday. SO.........For all of the fellow thumpers, lets hope that this is it. He explained what the problem was in the old drive shaft and what they finally did to fix the problem in the new design. It made sense so we will see what happens.

:whistles: :whistles: :whistles:

Had routine maintainance done today and the service manager told me that Lexus has Redesigned the driveline and the thumps are no longer an issue.  He ordered a new one for me and it is set to be in place by thursday.  SO.........For all of the fellow thumpers, lets hope that this is it.  He explained what the problem was in the old drive shaft and what they finally did to fix the problem in the new design.  It made sense so we will see what happens.

:whistles:  :whistles:  :whistles:

r u 4 real?? cuz i'm really tired of geting that clunk fixed. The Gx is in the shop right now cuz the passenger door lock won't open, so the door's jammed. I also had the brakes done and had the warped rotors replaced, or whatever they do with it. I'll think about it. Besides, i doubt my dealer would know about this fix cuz this dealer's not that great in servicing. :angry:

I had the driveshaft replaced and so far after some testing of hard stops, etc......NO THUMP! Here is the TSB info: TSB DL001-04 Rear Driveshaft Clunk Noise. According to the Tech that worked on my car, Lexus redesigned the driveshaft and coated the splines with Teflon. We'll see if this is the final chapter.

• 3 weeks later...
I had the driveshaft replaced and so far after some testing of hard stops, etc......NO THUMP! Here is the TSB info: TSB DL001-04 Rear Driveshaft Clunk Noise. According to the Tech that worked on my car, Lexus redesigned the driveshaft and coated the splines with Teflon. We'll see if this is the final chapter.

Although I don't think I experience this but can I take it to the dealer and have them implment this TSB on my GX anyway? I know someone may say this. How can we fix something that's not broken? In other words, we should be able to change the part before it can potentially be a problem. Does it make sense?

Or am I far off in left field?

Although I don't think I experience this but can I take it to the dealer and have them implment this TSB on my GX anyway? I know someone may say this. How can we fix something that's not broken? In other words, we should be able to change the part before it can potentially be a problem. Does it make sense?

Or am I far off in left field?

well it depends when ur GX was built. i think it only applies to certain GX470s, like 03s and some 04s. I think. don't hold me accountable for it but that's what i think i've heard. haven't done it yet for mine. still thinking about it. ;)

Had routine maintainance done today and the service manager told me that Lexus has Redesigned the driveline and the thumps are no longer an issue.  He ordered a new one for me and it is set to be in place by thursday.  SO.........For all of the fellow thumpers, lets hope that this is it.  He explained what the problem was in the old drive shaft and what they finally did to fix the problem in the new design.  It made sense so we will see what happens.

:whistles:  :whistles:  :whistles:

Zemog,

Sorry jugdish, had the new driveline (TSIB DL001.04) installed, same old problem re-occured after 6000 miles loud thump when you come to a complete stop and or release the break.