New To Lexus And Have A Few Questions

Hi all, I'm planning to buy a 2006 IS250 AWD. My question is, how reliable are these cars. Does alot of members have bad experience from Lexus? Please give me honest feedbacks. I own a 2005 Mercedes C230K SS, had it for less than 1 year and will be selling it next week.

A Merc to a Lexus....what you think? THANKS!!!

Since the IS 250 is a new design for motor and body, and AWD is also new to the line, there's no way to really know. Based on my experience with a 2002 IS300, 37,000 miles and owned it 2.5 years, really reliable. I've had zero problems with mine. The first model year there were some problems, but nothing serious enough to regret, from what I hear. Of course the IS300 is based on the Japanese Altezza, which already had a couple of years before they started making the US version.

Lexus, overall has a much better reliability than Mercedes over the last 3 or 4 years for sure.

Since the IS 250 is a new design for motor and body, and AWD is also new to the line, there's no way to really know.  Based on my experience with a 2002 IS300, 37,000 miles and owned it 2.5 years, really reliable.  I've had zero problems with mine.  The first model year there were some problems, but nothing serious enough to regret, from what I hear.  Of course the IS300 is based on the Japanese Altezza, which already had a couple of years before they started making the US version.

Lexus, overall has a much better reliability than Mercedes over the last 3 or 4 years for sure.

Thanks for your info....

Looks like a dead forum! :unsure:

Hi all, I'm planning to buy a 2006 IS250 AWD. My question is, how reliable are these cars. Does alot of members have bad experience from Lexus? Please give me honest feedbacks. I own a 2005 Mercedes C230K SS, had it for less than 1 year and will be selling it next week.

A Merc to a Lexus....what you think?  THANKS!!!

being that lexus' are made by toyota and anything that toyota makes you can bet on... just like honda/acura... but with a little more class...

while it is a new car, the engine is not new, and toyota knows how to do awd, this has been proven on MANY previous models... i wouldn't worry one bit... they are also some of the best backed cars in the industry... even if they don't just "give away" their 100,000mi/10yr warranties like other car companies do just to "get you in the door," so to speak... enjoy your new ride!

_benjammin

yo, if you wanna know lexus reliability look at the LS forum, those old farts cant stop raving about how their POS euro cars crap out on them and the LS keeps rolling strong! me, i'm young (19) but my car is just about as old (15) and has 200k+ miles. i've owned it for about 6 months and the only thing i HAD to replace was the alternator. i replace old parts everyday but..... that's just because the car is 15 yrs old. as for the new IS' i really have no clue how reliable they are but please believe when i start making enough money to comfortably afford a IS250AWD i will be! :D i really wanted a older sc300 because i can assume their just as reliable as the LS but after seeing the pic of the IS.... WOW! class, speed and :cheers: 2nd gen meaning the whole concept had 5 yrs to be fine-tuned and we are lucky enough to reap the benefits. yo, that IS will be mine!

• 3 weeks later...

Lexus is so far ahead of Mercedes in reliabilty it's not even funny.I have an LS400(I think I'm one of the old farts)that has 264k on it.The only thing that doesn't work is the seat heaters.I am so confident in this car that it is headed to Virginia next weekend on a roadtrip.I have all the serice records from day 1 and it has never used synthetic oil so I am not a big supporter of synthetic oil in a Lexus/Toyota vehicle unless the car is being driven in "severe conditions".I run synthetic in my Nitrous injected 5.0 Mustang but not my daily drivers but it's really up to you.My Dad has a Toyota pickup with 250k on it and it has never had synthetic oil so it's you call.I worked for a Mercedes Dealership for 2 yrs and would not buy one out of factory warranty for anything.I think Mercedes engines are good ,except the one 6 cyl had headgasket issues,but everything else on them breaks or falls apart.