Noticeable Vibration On Accelerations

bluethunder2008

Hi,

I'm facing problem these days when I try to accelerate the speed, the car start go up/down little a kind of vibration.

when I take my foot away from the gas paddel it say stable on the road,

I'm facing this when the speed become around 75 mph or more.

I'm suspecting this from the engine mounts and transmission mounts.

I need your opioin on this.

my car is LS 98 , ODO 165k miles

BTW I never changed the mounts

i have started feeling the same vibration at all speeds and idle. Very subtle but still there. Normally would not notice it but I know my Lexus. I am suspecting mounts. In your case at 75 MPH sounds more like tire balance. I would think the mounts would cause vibration at all times. Maybe someone can help us.

yeah got the same problem at high speeds, really not sure what it is (dealer cahrges too much) but form what ive read a new suspension fixes most high speed rattling problems for added protection look into daizen products. they only make lexus parts and i hear that they're like oem only better. price ain't bad either. there is a DYI on lexls.com for the UCA and LCA's and how to reuse the stock components with the daizen bushings. on my to do list!

good luck :cheers:

This to me sounds like your shocks are worn. This is really the life of the shocks and I would replace them. Tire vibration would either be due to out of round tires which would present itself as body vibration, or out of balance tires which would be felt in the steering at certain speeds. Bad engine mounts will not cause the vehicle to go up and down and would really be noticeable at idle and under certain other conditions at slower speeds. At this mileage and with the temperatures you have in Saudi I would definitely also replace the engine and trans mounts. My 98 LS with 110K has torn mounts and I operate at slower speeds and lower temperature then you.