Which Platinum Spark Plugs For A 2000 Gs300?

My fiance and I will be getting married next Saturday, so it's time that I take over responsibility for the maintenance on her car. After we get back from the honeymoon, I want to have a full service done on her car since she has basically done nothing to it but oil changes since she bought it. I'd like to replace the plugs and put a set of platinum ones in there, but I know there are issues with the Bosch platinum plus and iridium plugs in my 4Runner so I'm running Denso platinum plugs in mine. What do I need to buy for hers? If you've got a part or model number, that would be great. Thanks!!

Matt

Dont ever buy Bosch for a toyota, Bosch doesnt work with Toyota very well, same thing with lexus, Denso would be the best idea.

Denso Platinum, You can also use the iridium plugs.

I went to Advance this morning and bought a set of NGK Iridium IX plugs. The part number is BKR5EIX-11. As I recall, my OEM plugs in my 4Runner were NGK and I replaced them first when a set of NGK platinum plugs from the dealer and then my latest set are Denso Platinums. Any issues running these NGK Iridiums in here Lexus? Thanks.

Matt

LSUMatt1514,

Is your new wife's GS at a mileage where new spark plugs are specified in the maintenance manual? My LS of the same year (2000) requires new spark plugs only every 120,000 miles - double the mileage of my first (1990) LS. There is no benefit to changing spark plugs prematurely - that is, no benefit other than to the parts seller.

Doing only oil changes on a normally driven 2000 Lexus is not necessarily bad although I can't seem to bring myself to follow the recommended transmission and rear differential fluid change intervals - i.e. never requires changing.

I have sensed some frustration at repair shops that newer Lexus vehicles (and cars in general) require so little maintenance - it is affecting their profits.