Timing Belt?

fallabel

The owner's manual for my car (95 ES300) has 2 maintenance schedules, A and B. Schedule A is for tough driving conditions (sandy area, lots of idling, towing heavy loads, etc.) Schedule B is for normal driving. I drive mostly on the highway, so I'm definitely on B.

The "timing belt" entry in the schedule says "only for maintenance schedule A", and then gives the mileage for that schedule at which it should be replaced.

I'm now at 105,000 miles, and I'm wondering if the timing belt should be replaced. I believe that it was replaced by the previous owner at 60,000.

Thanks!

The owner's manual for my car (95 ES300) has 2 maintenance schedules, A and B.  Schedule A is for tough driving conditions (sandy area, lots of idling, towing heavy loads, etc.)  Schedule B is for normal driving.  I drive mostly on the highway, so I'm definitely on B.

The "timing belt" entry in the schedule says "only for maintenance schedule A", and then gives the mileage for that schedule at which it should be replaced.

I'm now at 105,000 miles, and I'm wondering if the timing belt should be replaced.  I believe that it was replaced by the previous owner at 60,000.

Thanks!

I beleive it is every 60,000 for your timing belt. So another 15,000 and you may want to replace the waterpump while you are in there. ;)

The owner's manual for my car (95 ES300) has 2 maintenance schedules, A and B.  Schedule A is for tough driving conditions (sandy area, lots of idling, towing heavy loads, etc.)  Schedule B is for normal driving.  I drive mostly on the highway, so I'm definitely on B.

I'm now at 105,000 miles, and I'm wondering if the timing belt should be replaced.  I believe that it was replaced by the previous owner at 60,000.

Thanks!

On a '95ES the belt change is about 90,000 miles since it's not an "Interference" type engine.

Thanks!

On a '95ES the belt change is about 90,000 miles since it's not an "Interference" type engine.

Yeah , I think it is 60,000 on my 93 ES.

Actually, I just re-read the manual a few nights ago.

If you want to get technical, it's inspect at 60,000 miles replace if needed, inspect every 15,000 miles afterwards, replace as needed.

So... What we've all been saying for so long is really true - they probably last at least 90,000 miles without any problem. I still wouldn't put 120,000m on them...

I had my t-belt changed this week on my '98.  The original belt that came out of it wasn't worn hardly at all - 132,000 miles.  Bought pulleys, tensioners, water pump and belt @ rockauto.com. ;)

Are they OE (Lexus/Toyota) parts or aftermarket? :unsure:

:cheers:

I had my t-belt changed this week on my '98.  The original belt that came out of it wasn't worn hardly at all - 132,000 miles.  Bought pulleys, tensioners, water pump and belt @ rockauto.com. ;)

Are they OE (Lexus/Toyota) parts or aftermarket? :unsure:

Anybody ever found kevlar timing belts for our cars? Comments please.

None of the parts were "OEM".  However,  most of the parts were made in Japan.

For what it's worth, the original timing belt that was in such great shape was a

Gates brand - Made in the U.S.A.    Go figure !!!!! B)

Stuff made in Canada, the United States or Japan work for me! ;) B)