Anyway Have The Stud Broken When Wheel Is Mounted?

dchan865

Weeks ago when I was rotating my tire at a Good Year shop, they broke 2 of the studs when they were tightening the wheels with a torgue wrench. I couldn't believe it.

Their excuse was that the stud was much more fragile than other manufactured studs. I really think they screwed up. They probably didn't read the spec before setting the value too high during tightening.

Anyone experience this before?

They did admit their mistake and replace the studs and fix everything at no charge. It was handled with professionalism.

no shops or dealerships really torquw lug nuts contrary to what themight say,but some do the studs are real easy to brake if you apply too much pressure i doubt that they are a warranty issue but th dealership might fix it anyway to sty in good grace

no shops or dealerships really torquw lug nuts contrary to what themight say,but some do the studs are real easy to brake if you apply too much pressure i doubt that they are a warranty issue but th dealership might fix it anyway to sty in good grace

Good year shop fixed it at their expense which was very good of them. The also throw in a complimentary oil change if I plan to go back.

I was kind of surprise that they use a Torgue wrench. That was something I haven't seen in a long time. Lexus dealer is the only one that I know that would do this.

I have the same problem when i bring my GX to balance my tire one of the studs is broken just wonder is it under  warrnety is it coverd?

I am surprise. The shop that did the work did not replace it? Don't they feel guilty that they broke it because of their neligence.

Anyway, I would demand that they fix it. If not, like Sha4000 said, see if the dealer will replace at no charge.

• 2 weeks later...