Rx300 And Lx470 Keys Panic Button

LexKid630

More importantly, why aren't they pink?

The rubber or plastic for the button is dyed with a color. In this case it's red. I'm guessing Lexus found that they could cut costs by putting less paint into the mix when making the buttons for panic, while they still stand out from the black ones.

Whoooooooooooo cares! :lol:

More importantly, why aren't they pink? 

The rubber or plastic for the button is dyed with a color.  In this case it's red.  I'm guessing Lexus found that they could cut costs by putting less paint into the mix when making the buttons for panic, while they still stand out from the black ones.

Whoooooooooooo cares! :lol:

i just thought it was a little weird that it wasn't red...i dont care, its just weird. It goes look bad thought; pink i mean

There's no harm in asking, I just like giving people a hard time.  It's what I've been recieving lately... <_<

But that's another story. ;)

Maybe because its a girlie car as Arnold would say. :D :D

• 2 weeks later...

I think the buttons started out red, but have oxidized with age and have faded to pink. The seatbelt release buttons on my Mazda Miata have faded to the exact same shade.

The only solution would be a soft Dremel tool bit and some paint polish (mildly abrasive). But I seriously don't think it's worth the effort.

I think the buttons started out red, but have oxidized with age and have faded to pink.  The seatbelt release buttons on my Mazda Miata have faded to the exact same shade. 

The only solution would be a soft Dremel tool bit and some paint polish (mildly abrasive).  But I seriously don't think it's worth the effort.

Even at purchase the panic buttons on the rx300 key are pink. I've owned 3 rx300's and all of them new were pink (but i got our last rx300 CPO). I find it so weird...