25,000 Mile Service Costs $121

flyguyco

if you look at the maintenance schedule, basically the LOF, tire rotation & vehicle road test is all they do. they "check" fluids and inspect a few stuff, but we all know they don't really do much.

and the cost is $121. imagine that...

tell me that a $24.99 premium LOF from Jiffy Lube would not suffice?

Don't feel too bad my dealer charges $260 for that service. Bear in mind you also get a loaner car...if thats worth anything lol

A Jiffy Lube oil change is not sufficient, you couldn't pay me to let Jiffy Lube touch my car. An oil change and tire rotation just about anywhere is fine though. Although I would buy a Toyota filter and make them use that.

if you look at the maintenance schedule, basically the LOF, tire rotation & vehicle road test is all they do. they "check" fluids and inspect a few stuff, but we all know they don't really do much.

For the most part flyguy, I agree. I would stay clear of Jiffy Lube however & consider taking your car to a Toyota dealer or ask friends & family if they have a good & reasonably priced indepentent mechanic. I just don't trust these 'young pup's' touching my Lexus. Just my 2 cents. B) ;)

:cheers:

Welcome to Lexus. I remember the flyers I got. Like $250 for atf change, $85 for brake flush, etc etc.

But ha, they wash the car! JOKE! Do it yourself and save like 95%

If I were using regular oil instead of synthetic, a 5,000 mile service on our LS (including the $4 Lexus/Toyota filter) would cost less than $15. I can do all the chores you listed including inspecting the brake pads in a little over an hour in my garage.

Of course I have a bit invested in high quality tools including floor jacks, jack stands, etc. But if you purchase high quality tools they last a lifetime.

The best things about doing this stuff yourself, other than saving a ton of money, is that you learn a lot about your cars and keep repair shop damage to a minimum.

A Sunday morning ritual of mine is to check/correct the levels of all the fluids and tire pressures in both of our cars - it rarely takes more than 10 minutes to do. If the tire pressures are low, the 12 volt air compressor runs and pumps up the tires while I do everthing else.

I visit Jiffy Lube every few months because that is where I take my used oil to be recycled. Its free in my area and you can drop off 5 gallons per day.