Bumper Paint Peel, How Can I Disengage Alarm?

jrulmyr

2 needs for my 1990 LS400 in Pearl White.

There's front bumper paint peeling from where it was "bumped", so now there is several square inches of the yellow bumper cover showing. What's the best cosmetic repair?

Occasionally the alarm goes off. My guess is an electrical problem somewhere, the trunk is my guess. I think I'd just like to disengage the alarm so it never goes off. Can I do that, and are there issues with that course that I should consider before proceding?

Thanks,

I recently had a quote done on the front bumper at the Lexus collision center and it came in about $900. My friend there says it is difficult to get paint to adhere to that bumper pad and any sort of impact and you can count on it cracking and peeling. I'm not aware of a non-professional repair that would not look like it.

Hi,

Have a 98 and just repainted bottom of the entire front bumper. Got a spray can of the base coat and a spray can of the clear coat from http://www.levineautoparts.com. Give them your color code and say it is for your bumper. The clear coat will be made more flexible. Ordered 4 cans of paint. ~$70.00 with shipping

You need a buffer and rubbing compound and swirl compound to smooth out the clear coat. Took some work but looks better than new now. Can see your face in it. Color is a very good match for the rest of the lower cladding on the car.

Good luck

LaserRon