Price Increase...again!

Gumart1

Here in the Chicago area I just found that my two local Lexus Dealers are now charging $115 per hour for labor. Just two months ago the rate was $102. What are Dealers charging in your area?

• 2 months later...

Johnson Lexus of Durham, North Carolina charges $105 per hour. This is at a new dealership with private offices w/internet and phone, quiet waiting room, TV lounge, children's waiting room and complimentary snack bar with hostess.

I agree the rate is high, but you get what you pay for. The Mercedes dealerships in this area are in no way comparable.

• 4 weeks later...
Here in the Chicago area I just found that my two local Lexus Dealers are now charging $115 per hour for labor. Just two months ago the rate was $102. What are Dealers charging in your area?

I was just talking with my mechanic last week and he told me lexus dealers were going to $115.00 guess he was right. What about other dealers like jeep or gm I heard they are $90.00 to $95.00.Its one thing to pay that price but to trust your car with many is scary. Im sure glad I have an honest mechanic and a good one. My mechanic was looking my 2001 grand cherokee over cuz passengers side only blows cold air. He came up with blend door problem I know it had to take time to figure this out but he didnt charge anything because he didnt fix it. He has done this before also I think that is being pretty honest myself.