Climate Control - A/c Light Blinking Intermittentl

92 SC 400. When A/C light blinks, the compressor cuts off and unit blows just air. It will reset by turning the unit off and on. Code is 21. Do I need another climate control panel or what? If so, are used ones a good bet? Found a used parts dealer who says he has a connection in California that rebuilds them. He sells it for $275 with a one year warranty. How hard is it to change this panel out?

:chairshot: Yes,

Take it to a reputable shop. If there is almost a vacuum on the low side, replace the expansion valve that is located in the evaportor box under the passenger side glove compartment.

Just went through that. The expansion valve gets plugged up and the compressor engages for a few seconds, disengages, and then the dreaded flashing A/C light. Hope this helps.

The expansion valve is only $65 after market or $125 Lexus.

Sounds like your compressor is near final death.

Thanks Jbar - compressor w/ clutch replaced within the last year with a rebuilt unit. Guy who installed it and another mechanic say it checks out fine.

Any other ideas?

Take it to a reputable shop. If there is almost a vacuum on the low side, replace the expansion valve that is located in the evaportor box under the passenger side glove compartment.

Just went through that. The expansion valve gets plugged up and the compressor engages for a few seconds, disengages, and then the dreaded flashing A/C light. Hope this helps.

Thanks Jbar - compressor w/ clutch replaced within the last year with a rebuilt unit. Guy who installed it and another mechanic say it checks out fine.

Any other ideas?

Thanks a lot Teelias! will give that a try and let you know. Can you please tell where an aftermarket expasion valve can be found?

:blushing:

I bought mine at T&A in Sioux Falls SD. Call any A/C shop or Lexus of Wayzetta MN and ask for Eric.

Any other ideas?

Thanks a lot Teelias! will give that a try and let you know. Can you please tell where an aftermarket expasion valve can be found?

:blushing: 
  I bought mine at T&A in Sioux Falls SD. Call any A/C shop or Lexus of Wayzetta MN and ask for Eric.

Any other ideas?

I just bought a new one thru ebay from AUTOMOTIVE COMPRESSOR, HURST TX for $31 including shipping.

Do you have any good advice for me?

My air blows but the air does not get cold.

I took to a few people nobody has the same?

thing to say. One guy told me that I may need

to flush and clean the system due to it setting

at the shop for so long. Another guy told me

that the compressor was not working but the

other gut pointed out to me that it was spinning

around and looked to be okay. What do you think?

Any other ideas?