1990 Ls400 Fuel Filter Location

thewzdoc

Where is the fuel filter and what is the best replacement to use? Truthfully I haven’t looked all that hard for its location. I was hoping that someone here had already done the legwork. Are there any pictures?

theres one in the gas tank as there is in most all cars right before the pump, i dont know if there is one on the way to the engine bay, and there should be a canister looking thing that fuel lines run to before it is sprayed in the engine, change it with O.E.M. its probably the best out there.

:rolleyes: I had the same problem Locating the Fuel filter in my LS400 1990, It is located on the driver's side right in front of the rear wheels underneath the car. You will need to lay on your back and look up. It sits behind a protective piece of metal. You need to remove it to replace the filter. You can pick up a fuel filter for about 15 bucks at any autozone. Make sure if you do the job yourself, have the fuel tank 99.9% empty, and do not forget to remove the gas cap to relieve the pressure. I bought my LS about a month ago, when I did the Fuel Filter I noticed that it was the original one :blink:

Thank! I had given up hope that anyone knew where this thing was! A friend of mine was searching online for me and found this answer, I told him I had asked the question (he didn't know my user name online!).

Thank you again mig25. Now I can change this this weekend!

• 4 years later...

If you loosen the nut on the front of the filter (the side away from the fuel tank) and fuel flows out freely even with some pressure, would this indicate the filter is ok and the pump pressuring the system sufficiently?

This is for a 94 SC400.

:rolleyes: I had the same problem Locating the Fuel filter in my LS400 1990, It is located on the driver's side right in front of the rear wheels underneath the car. You will need to lay on your back and look up. It sits behind a protective piece of metal. You need to remove it to replace the filter. You can pick up a fuel filter for about 15 bucks at any autozone. Make sure if you do the job yourself, have the fuel tank 99.9% empty, and do not forget to remove the gas cap to relieve the pressure. I bought my LS about a month ago, when I did the Fuel Filter I noticed that it was the original one :blink:

That's an F-15 Eagle, not a MiG-25! Lies!

Anyway, go with a genuine Toyota filter. It's the best.