How Many Mile Can A Full Tank Go On The 00 Rx300?

bored7one4

On my 330, I can get around 300 to a tank! Thats 98% city driving too. I have never had it out on a trip where I dont stop till its empty or I have to take a Peeeeee break :lol:

I decided a while back that my '99 RX300 is showing a higher speed on the speedometer than I am actually going, by almost 3 miles/hour. I did that by going 60 between interstate mile markers and watching the time. Seems consistent, so I think it's accurate.

I'm guessing that this also equates to me getting less miles/gallon than the display says, but I haven't really tried to compare that to actual miles and gallons used.

Not sure if this perspective helps, but if you find that your actual mph is less than the speedometer says, that might suggest your mpg is less than shown as well.

I decided a while back that my '99 RX300 is showing a higher speed on the speedometer than I am actually going, by almost 3 miles/hour.  I did that by going 60 between interstate mile markers and watching the time.  Seems consistent, so I think it's accurate.

I'm guessing that this also equates to me getting less miles/gallon than the display says, but I haven't really tried to compare that to actual miles and gallons used. 

Not sure if this perspective helps, but if you find that your actual mph is less than the speedometer says, that might suggest your mpg is less than shown as well.

I wonder how your speedometer could be giving you an incorrect reading? Did you change anything about the tires?

I'm also not sure how the car calculates mpg etc. I don't know how the needle in the speedometer works anyway and how it's related to the mpg calculator.

I'm also not sure how the car calculates mpg etc. I don't know how the needle in the speedometer works anyway and how it's related to the mpg calculator.

What the MPG "Distance until empty" and MPG counter shows you the car's estimate of what mileage you're getting based on your driving style. So if you drive harder, the estimated MPG and "DUE" will drop significantly. If you keep a constant RPM or are coasting, your consumption estimates will be substantially higher than if you were repeatedly using the gas pedal. When my friend drive's his Audi S4 really fast, the MPG counter reads "--.-" :whistles:

I decided a while back that my '99 RX300 is showing a higher speed on the speedometer than I am actually going, by almost 3 miles/hour.  I did that by going 60 between interstate mile markers and watching the time.  Seems consistent, so I think it's accurate.

I wonder how your speedometer could be giving you an incorrect reading? Did you change anything about the tires?

Tire thread is wearing down, making tire diameter shorter than new. Legal minimum is 2/32, new tire is 10/32, that is 1/2 inch difference in diameter or 1.57 inches difference per rotation.

Your car has a predetermined distance per revolution that may not be accurate as tires are becoming bald. Odometer and speedometer both are affected when tire/rim diameter change.