New Car

indiasfinest

well i need a new car and as i mentioned earlier i looked at the s500 but these cars keep popping up and i dont no which 1 2 buy...it has to be luxury since ihave to meet clients...and my budget is bout 55k..used is fine just nothing above 25k miles...what would u recommend...thanks guys

-j

well the only other Lux makes I'd consider is MB, BMW (new 5 series is very nice) or Audi. How about the new MB CLS '4 door coupe'? Sexy looking machine & I think that's in your price range! :D

:cheers:

looked at 5 series looks good outside cheap interior...audi a6...just doesnt apppeal 2 me...i havnt looked at cls which is a good idea...srry 4 bieng so picky nd thanks 4 your help...

No worries, your spending a large chunk of change on car so you should be picky. The CLS is different, & not everyone has one on the block so to speak....5 series & M-Classes are all over the place. The CLS will stand out that's for sure! B)

well the only other Lux makes I'd consider is MB, BMW (new 5 series is very nice) or Audi.  How about the new MB CLS '4 door coupe'?  Sexy looking machine & I think that's in your price range!  :D

Maybe you meant the CLK? That starts around $55,000, while the CLS starts at around $65,000. But I'm sure if he wanted, IF could cough up an extra 10 grand to get the base CLS500. B)

well the only other Lux makes I'd consider is MB, BMW (new 5 series is very nice) or Audi.  How about the new MB CLS '4 door coupe'?  Sexy looking machine & I think that's in your price range!   :D

Maybe you meant the CLK? That starts around $55,000, while the CLS starts at around $65,000. But I'm sure if he wanted, IF could cough up an extra 10 grand to get the base CLS500. B)

I've seen a CLS parked in the driveway of a local lawyer's office. It's a sort of gold color and very sleek looking. I thought it was a BMW. Doesn't look at all like a Benz. Personally, I wouldn't own a Benz. Too expensive to buy and too expensive to maintain and the reliability stinks.

The CLS is the best looking car to come out of MB...ever save the latest CL series. I love them inside and out, I'd buy one if they seated 5 but they only seat 4.

Out of his price range though.

55k I'd get a new E500 if you want a Benz. I'd also look at a new Cadillac STS and CERTAINLY the new Infiniti M45 which is spectacular.

My 55k would probably be in an M45 if not in a Lexus. Sporty character, great style, still reliable but something different. Drive one, you'll love it. The new STS is nice but polarizing. E500's a good bet, but they're boring.

If you can tell I drove one today ;)

Wait a minute, I thought you already bought an E500?!?

well the only other Lux makes I'd consider is MB, BMW (new 5 series is very nice) or Audi.  How about the new MB CLS '4 door coupe'?  Sexy looking machine & I think that's in your price range!   :D

Who know's how much of a discount one will be able to get.....the $65k is MSRP so it dosen't hurt to make an offer......all the dealer can say is no. B)

well the only other Lux makes I'd consider is MB, BMW (new 5 series is very nice) or Audi.  How about the new MB CLS '4 door coupe'?  Sexy looking machine & I think that's in your price range!  :D

Who know's how much of a discount one will be able to get.....the $65k is MSRP so it dosen't hurt to make an offer......all the dealer can say is no. B)

I am a new-car buying n00b. :geek: I was suprised to see that our 2002 4Runner, when bought new in 2002, was "marked down" to about $38,400. Either my parent's aren't good at bargaining, or the original price was over $40,000. Maybe the price was so high because it was the 0% financing event going on.

The CLS is the best looking car to come out of MB...ever save the latest CL series. I love them inside and out, I'd buy one if they seated 5 but they only seat 4.

Out of his price range though.

55k I'd get a new E500 if you want a Benz. I'd also look at a new Cadillac STS and CERTAINLY the new Infiniti M45 which is spectacular.

My 55k would probably be in an M45 if not in a Lexus. Sporty character, great style, still reliable but something different. Drive one, you'll love it. The new STS is nice but polarizing. E500's a good bet, but they're boring.

If you can tell I drove one today ;)

Wait a minute, I thought you already bought an E500?!?

SW...you mentioned the Cadillac STS. Have you driven one?? Are Cadillac's SUVs any better than GMC or Chevrolet or just rebadged and a lot more expensive???

You're not going to get a deal on a CLS Mercedes lol, they can't keep them on the lot. You're also certainly not going to get $10,000 off ANY Mercedes.

SW...you mentioned the Cadillac STS. Have you driven one?? Are Cadillac's SUVs any better than GMC or Chevrolet or just rebadged and a lot more expensive???

I've driven it. As for the SUV I assume you mean the Escalade? Never driven one.

You're not going to get a deal on a CLS Mercedes lol, they can't keep them on the lot. You're also certainly not going to get $10,000 off ANY Mercedes.

I've driven it. As for the SUV I assume you mean the Escalade? Never driven one.

I drove an Escalade last year, AND a the GMC equivilant (whatever the name is LOL).

The Escalade is "bit" more luxurious inside than the GMC, and pretty much the same size. The Escalade is quieter than the GMC also.

You can tell they're NOT true luxury brands though. Even the Escalade doesn't spell luxury to me. It needs a TON of re-doing in the interior. The gauges are pitiful, the steering wheel style looks 30 years old, the shifter was in sort of a bad place LOL... Deffinetely not for me. I'd "rather" have one of those Lincoln Navigators...

BMW has no where as good as Mercedes in quality and craftmanship... Mercedes uses much finer metals and interior parts.

55K USD can get you most of high end used car... I personally would take 911 with Tiptronic. It might be more realiable than, say the new S hehe

If you're still in the market, maybe try the E320 TDI. It's base is around 50k new, but it won't be sold much longer because of some emissions discrepency in CA. There's the question of MB reliability again, but great mileage from a Benz, about 35 MPG. It's peppy too, out accelerating the V6 E320, and the TDI has 201 HP and 369 LB FT. of torque.

yes i WAS going to get an E350 but decided not to...cadillac...i dont really like GM and a coupe is out of the question since it has to double as a family car...and i dont think im going to get an SUV since i have one...srry if i angered ppl by being so picky...again...a used s500 isnt bad...