Sunroof Wind Noise

Hey all,

I remember a few posts awhile ago, about wind noise from the windows. I thought I had the same thing, but after a fair bit of driving, I worked out that the noise (in my car atleast) is coming from the sunroof (some from the windows, but hardly any). If the felt part (the part of the roof that can be moved manually) is closes, then the sound appears to come from the windows. if open, the source is more evident...

Anyway.

From memory, the solution was to spray silicone spray around the seals for the window and sunroof. I was in at lexus the other day and saw some silicone spray. In the "use for" section, it just said to use iffor stuck locks, squacky doors and all that stuff. does that sound like the right stuff?

- Gav

Gav, another solution suggested by skperformance is Meguiars tire(or wheel?) endourance. I have used both the silicon spray and tire endourance, and they both work great. I just find the silicon spray quite messy when you spray it-it goes everywhere but on the seals :lol: (and it reaks of gasoline ). The tire endourance is a liquid, so I find it's a lot easier to apply. The only thing that might keep you from buying tire endourance is: it cost about $8 for a nice sized bottle while the silicon spray is like $2 per can.

I saw the tire endurance in Autozone also in those pop-up wipe dispensers. That might be real easy to apply.

If it gets really bad, or if the rubber is really old and cracked, they can be replaced.

steviej