Help: Only 1 Speaker + Subwoofer Sounds

deramg

Hiya, this is my 1st post on this forum and i'm looking forward to make some friends. Is there any Toronto members here? Anyway, i hope the members are as nice as our Canadian Mercedes forum :cheers:

Regards to the speakers, Is it just wiring problems? if the amp's dead, there would not evevn have sound... :cries:

Can anyone tell me what the problem is? ;) The car will be much perfect with sound from 7 speakers...

thanks and appreciate for any input...

Hiya, this is my 1st post on this forum and i'm looking forward to make some friends. Is there any Toronto members here? Anyway, i hope the members are as nice as our Canadian Mercedes forum  :cheers:

Regards to the speakers, Is it just wiring problems? if the amp's dead, there would not evevn have sound...:cries:

Can anyone tell me what the problem is?  ;) The car will be much perfect with sound from 7 speakers...

thanks and appreciate for any input...

It sounds like it may be the amp.

ouch... said to hear... i better start looking for a used amp on ebay...

Have the amp tested at a local audio shop first. I have amps, speakers, anything audio for your LEXUS. EM or PM me if interested. B)

Hey!

Always great to see a fellow Canadian join this site. Welcome!

I had a similar problem a while ago with a loss of sound from the passenger side speakers. I thought that it was the amp, too. But, after turning the balance and fader knobs endlessly, the speakers came back to life. I figure that it was just a contact problem with the wiring from the head unit from those switches hardly being used - as once you set them to where you want you hardly ever change them. You may want to try this before shelling out $$$ for a new amp.

Bossman

Hey!

Always great to see a fellow Canadian join this site.  Welcome!

I had a similar problem a while ago with a loss of sound from the passenger side speakers.  I thought that it was the amp, too.  But, after turning the balance and fader knobs endlessly, the speakers came back to life.  I figure that it was just a contact problem with the wiring from the head unit from those switches hardly being used - as once you set them to where you want you hardly ever change them.  You may want to try this before shelling out $$$ for a new amp.

Bossman

Definetly test everything before you start replacing components. B)

Thanks for the warm feedback guys :cheers:

Will try and do so, and hopefully it will work, if not, i'm sure the audio shop will have a hard time finding out where the problems are too.

Will do so DCFISH, thanks for your contact B)

Nope telephone.

When i brought the car last month, Half of the speakers already dead, and since last week, only left rear speaker sounds along with the subwoofer. Not sure if i play with those bass/treble/balance bottons too much... will try to spin it a few more times and see if it will come back to music after work =)

there is a pretty ez way to find out if its the amp or the speakers, put some static tape on and put the volume to the max, then listen to all the speakers, if you hear hissing from the speaker then the problem is with the headunit and not the amp if there is no hissing then it means that there is a problem with the amp or wiring. to check if its amp try to check the output from the wires on the speaker side, check the resistance as well and this will show u whats goiing on

i have a similiar problem but ts the 2 passenger speakers back and front i have the whole headunit out right now and im looking at radio/stereo wiring diagrams i think i have a short somewhere because the speaker will play for long periods of time then just go out for a little while and then it will come back on this doesnt happen with any particular circumstance it just does it whenever moving or sitting still anysuggerstions while im in there b/c im fed up

just spin all the buttons on the Nakamichi HU... still doesn't work... guess will need to bring it to dealer or audio shop to diagnosis...

sha4000, please keep us posted on your case...

My passenger side (Nakamichi also) speakers are dead also.

Lexus says it's an amp but the local audio place says it's the pre-amp unit.

I have a 93 LS too.

In my car only left rear speaker has sound along with the sub woofer. The problem started a few weeks ago i think my tweeters still work not real sure. My amp i just got like three months before i lost sound. Is it possible for three door speakers to blow out all at the same time? When they did go out they made some type of funny sound almost like the sound was fading static now i get no type of sound at all . Nakamichi sounds so good with all speakers working. my car is also a 93 LS400

In my car only left rear speaker has sound along with the sub woofer. The problem started a few weeks ago i think my tweeters still work not real sure. My amp i just got like three months before i lost sound. Is it possible for three door speakers to blow out all at the same time? When they did go out they made some type of funny sound almost like the sound was fading static now i get no type of sound at all . Nakamichi sounds so good with all speakers working. my car is also a 93 LS400

exactly same problem as me do now.

Do we have a Lexus mech here? he might know and have experience... How weird we all have the 93 model with Nakamichi... It won't be the speakers... speakers won't go out all of a sudden, even its broken, it will still have some kind of noise. I think its the preamp or the headunit...

Wish we will get a definite answer here. Nakamichi should sound good... :whistles:

exactly same problem as me do now.

Do we have a Lexus mech here? he might know and have experience... How weird we all have the 93 model with Nakamichi... It won't be the speakers... speakers won't go out all of a sudden, even its broken, it will still have some kind of noise. I think its the preamp or the headunit...

Wish we will get a definite answer here. Nakamichi should sound good... :whistles:

I still think it is the amp. There are 2 amps with the nak system one for the sub and 1 for the rest of the system. It is the amp. The headunits are rock solid and probably the best systems installed in a production automobile.

I still think it is the amp. There are 2 amps with the nak system one for the sub and 1 for the rest of the system. It is the amp. The headunits are rock solid and probably the best systems installed in a production automobile.

My amp was like new when my problem started. I was going to buy some speakers and put them in to see if they work. Do you think this would be a waste of my money? You said there are to amps one for the sub and one for the rest of the system but in my car the sub works plus my back driver side door and my tweeters all work. So can an amp go have bad? or do i have just a lose wire somewhere?

My amp was like new when my problem started. I was going to buy some speakers and put them in to see if they work. Do you think this would be a waste of my money? You said there are to amps one for the sub and one for the rest of the system but in my car the sub works plus my back driver side door and my tweeters all work. So can an amp go have bad? or do i have just a lose wire somewhere?

You have a 1993 ls400 which puts the amp at 13+ years old unless it was replaced, Test the speakers to eliminate them as the problem.

Yes i have a brand new amp it less then six months old. The amp that was in the when i first got it went bad i was getting no sound at all from this amp. Went out paid a lot of money for a new one an now some six months later I'm having a problem i sure hope it's not the amp again

Yes i have a brand new amp it less then six months old. The amp that was in the when i first got it went bad i was getting no sound at all from this amp. Went out paid a lot of money for a new one an now some six months later I'm having a problem i sure hope it's not the amp again

Have the amp tested and post the results. I'll be waiting for the diagnosis. Where did you purchase the " NEW " amp?

Have the amp tested and post the results. I'll be waiting for the diagnosis. Where did you purchase the " NEW " amp?

I got it from a guy on here. I did not want to say but he said he got it from you. Is first name was Marvin(iluvlex). He said he sent you his old one. So the ones that you sell are they new amp's?