Help: Only 1 Speaker + Subwoofer Sounds

deramg

Yes i have a brand new amp it less then six months old. The amp that was in the when i first got it went bad i was getting no sound at all from this amp. Went out paid a lot of money for a new one an now some six months later I'm having a problem i sure hope it's not the amp again

Have the amp tested and post the results. I'll be waiting for the diagnosis. Where did you purchase the " NEW " amp?

I got it from a guy on here. I did not want to say but he said he got it from you. Is first name was Marvin(iluvlex). He said he sent you his old one. So the ones that you sell are they new amp's?

Refurbished, Like new inside. ;)

I might be a little off topic here, but when I got my LS w/ nak only the front 2 speakers worked, at first I assumed the amp. A couple months after I got the car the front passenger speaker stopped working too! I'm not one for really loud music and it really didnt fade out or anything, just stopped working period. Reluctantly I took the door panel off to see what had happned, I found that the speaker was completely intact and that it appeared to be fine. Just to troubleshoot I hooked up a spare speaker, and it worked fine. Since then I have replaced all 4 midrange speakers in the car. All the nak speakers were the same way, looked fine from the outside but didnt work!

I guess my point is that before you assume its the amp take a couple minutes and check the speakers! Idk if this is your problem, I have a 91 and it may be a completely different system.

I also have the same problem w/ my Nakamichi 91 ls 400. The speakers started dying one by one, and finally all 4 are now officially gone. The two tweeters up front + subwoofer are still functioning. From my online research, the speakers failing seems to be a common problem for the 90-94 ls 400's. Here's a quote from http://carstereohelp.com/lexus.htm

"No audio from one or more speakers. This problem may be defective speakers with Nakamichi only."

"Is it a speaker or Nakamichi amplifier problem? Speaker problems are common to the Nakamichi system. Door tweeter works and door speaker does not, bad speaker. It is always best to check speakers before removing the amplifier for repair. Try a working speaker in a non-working position for testing purposes."

I'm quite inept w/ car repairs so I figure I should leave it for the professionals. Thought about getting these, wondering if anybody would risk taking it to a chain (future shop/best buy) to get them replaced. If not, do you have any suggestions for good car audio shops in the Markham/Richmond Hill region of Toronto.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...978&catid=11041

any help is appreciated.....thanks

• 3 months later...

this is sooooo damn confusing and i swear i won't fix this *BLEEP*.

got opened all door panels by my audio friends, and they tested its the crossover box that seperate the hi/low.

however, they didn't tested the amp though, so it could be still true its the amp, but they highly don't think so, also, speakers(drivers) itself won't die together with other drivers, and even they die, they would still make sound. however, in our case, our drivers are completely black out.

Is this make sense? :blink:

this is sooooo damn confusing and i swear i won't fix this *BLEEP*.

got opened all door panels by my audio friends, and they tested its the crossover box that seperate the hi/low.

however, they didn't tested the amp though, so it could be still true its the amp, but they highly don't think so, also, speakers(drivers) itself won't die together with other drivers, and even they die, they would still make sound. however, in our case, our drivers are completely black out.

Is this make sense?  :blink:

It really sounds like the amp.

• 11 months later...

Did this just start? Do you have a built-in telephone?

davidk either you know about the correlation or possibly you can help me find the thread how it references that in the ls the phone is wired through the speaker line..... i foudn it last night looked throughmy history and i keep missing it... my dad owned the car for a bout 5 or six years sold it and bough it abck...that owner took out phone and im guessing thats when all the other speakers stopped working.... tweets and sub are only things that play please advise...