New Gs For 2005?

• 2 weeks later...

<_< at first wasn't too sure. But you know, the more I look at it the more I think I like it. It could just be the picture, but it does look like it might be a little more sleeker and less "heavier" looking and feeling than the past GS's! :D No proof! Just a women's quick intuition.

Thanks for the peek!

There are so many rumors about what the next GS is going to look like, but Toyta/Lex Corp. have not confirmed any thing. The only that that has been stated is that the head lihjts will in fact change. What it will look like, well we will just need to wait....lol

i saw a car in a mag a few mnths ago similar to that

but it is supposed to be based on the same car mentioned in the article

to have some new kind of led lighting

and also to follow a corner like the new bmw 5 series does when the wheel is turned

and a few other things

but that pic looks like a bulkier chrysler intrepid

i saw a car in a mag a few mnths ago similar to that

but it is supposed to be based on the same car mentioned in the article

to have some new kind of led lighting

and also to follow a corner like the new bmw 5 series does when the wheel is turned

and a few other things

but that pic looks like a bulkier chrysler intrepid

I hope to god that it doesn't look like that! :pirate: I think they should keep with the Euro look it looks classy. I guess we all have to wait every redesigned lex thus far has improved I hope that they continue there pursuit for perfection. I agree with sky it does resemble an intrepid.

i actually love lexus

but i hate the new designed headlights and other exterior features

i think they are just awful

i love long sleek flowing lines

like the old SC, but it was designed using soft clay in ballons,also i California in part

the new one is much too short for it design to me, lengthen it and it would be beautiful

the ls is good, but not wow

the es is just the runt of the litter to me

i knid of like the rear lights, but it has an awful chopped look on the lower bumper the rx is a nice improvement over there last few offerings

i pray the next GS is awe inspiring like the first gen was and the second still does

i really like its grace

05 is a bit away

but i keep my fingers crossed

Personally, I doubt that will bear any resemblence to the new GS at all. For one thing, it shares nothing in design philosophy with the current GS. Lexus restyles cars so that they're evolutionary. My guess would be some styling cues you're gonna see in the new one-

-Trademark GS quad lights and tails.

-Trademark GS short hoodline and low overhang.

-Trademark GS solidity and heft.

This drawing has none of that, so my guess is it's fake.

Another cue is the emblem. When Lexus' are designed, they're designed mostly in Japan, where Lexus doesn't exists. Any drawings out of there would featue the car with a Toyota emblem.

I visited Price Leblanc Lexus (Baton Rouge, Louisiana) yesterday to test drive the GS300 & 430 but they didn't have a 430 on the lot. Told the sales rep. that I am planning to purchase one next summer. He told me that I may want to wait because the new 2005 models will be arriving in July of 2004 and it will look nothing like the current models. He also said that there will be a luxury GS300/430 and a sport GS300/430. The reason for having both he said was because some customers that wanted the GS430 horse power but didn't like the firm ride and some that like the sportier version cars wanted a more responsive handling feel, ala BMW 500 series. Therefore Lexus will soften the ride in the Luxury version and attempt to make the steering more driver involve friendly.

Salesman don't have any more insider info than we do. The car will definately have progressive styling otherwise it would kill the resale of the current GS. It'll look different, but not !Removed! different as that picture above.

I have a feeling that at the next LA auto show they will reveal what the next gen GS series will look like(just like with the RX330). I can't wait I am holding out on doing anything too drastic to my car until I see the next model.

:cheers: