MY new car with HIR bulbs,Intake,Exhaust,JIC

SKperformance

Nice ride SK!!  I know what you mean about it rolling in the corners...in that respect it does not behave like the ES.  Everything else about the car is awesome though!

I have the round amber fog lights on my 94 ES and they really make a difference at night (even with the Sylvania Silverstars for headlights); but on the LS, the standard stock fog lights (mine are white/clear) are so dim that I can turn them off and not even notice any difference with the HIDs turned on.

Do you think its worth looking into making the fogs on the LS the same amber lighting as the 94 ES?

1. Kick !Removed! reflectors + HID's make yellow fogs look like a child’s toy. 2. Change out the fog light bulbs, they dim considerably over time.

Do you really need anymore light? Then you might want to change out the HID bulbs for new ones, made a BIG difference for me.

I have the round amber fog lights on my 94 ES and they really make a difference at night (even with the Sylvania Silverstars for headlights); but on the LS, the standard stock fog lights (mine are white/clear) are so dim that I can turn them off and not even notice any difference with the HIDs turned on.

This is interesting! I've always considered the yellow fog lights on my ES just a cosmetic feature as their light out put is pathetic. Perhaps, I've been living in the dark! They probably need new bulbs or better aiming. The fog lights on my LS though are superb; I'd say they account for at least 30% of my lighting

Older LS's have a better fog light.

The 98 and newer are cosmetic for sure.

I wanted a set of yellow bulbs for the fogs as they accent the HID's perfectly ,since i need a new right foglight anyway i might as well replace them and use the extra space for the opening of the intake i am going to build.

I alreayd have silverstars in the fogs, no real conceqeunce to outputs .

As well once i try the HIR's i will be able to gauge just how good they are.

Catz lighting makes better products than PIAA by far and are much less known as they range in 300 and up price range.

They can be had for a steal on ebya though.

As i paid almost $500 for my pair 7 years ago and they still have the same catz bulbs and orignal housings and lenses that i bought them with. Try that for any other foglight and they would have alreayd needed replacing by now, belive me i have 8 old set of fogs lying around my house.

Later on i am going to paint the inside of the reflectors on all the front lights to give them a nice smoke effect as it really brings out the front end.

Thanks again.

ANyone know of an intake for the last model LS400?

I ended up building one today and

WOW it sounds like a beast now.

I can;t wait to see the milage improvments ,if i can stop jamming the gas pedal just to hear it.

I never noticed it before but the rears will break loose for a second when the tranny shifts to 2nd gear then the VSC kicks in.

I should have dynoed the thing first.

thanks to grandLS here is a sound clip of my engine after the intake.

http://mark8.org/users/GRANDLS400/Ls_intake.WAV

It is 23 seconds in total with the exhaust adding very little to the recorded noise.

It is basically taken from about 1 foot infront of the bumper with the phone on the ground.

The ambient noise is me pressing go on the phone ,then running back to the drivers seat to open the engine twice with a few second rest in between then running back to the phone to turn it off. 2 WOT rpm runs up to redline in neutral.

So far i noticed my gas average per tank has gone from 14.3liters used per 100km down to 10.8 liters per 100km as of right now and i am only 1/4 through it.

I just finished putting in my HIR 9006 bulbs for my fog lights which i got off ebay.

They are amazing especially for the price compared to HID's.

First is a pic of the car showing the foglight on the (actual left of car)right with the HIR bulb the ®left is a silverstar from sylvania that is 2 weeks old.The fog on the ®left has a cracked lens and has a slightly diminished output in comparision.

The other 2 are facing my white garage door showing the actual lightoutput and its footprint.

You can see from a distance of about 10 feet the fog on the ®right is none existant while the (L)left one is nice ,bright and wide as a fog should be.

I would much rather have HID's for them but until i get a pair of 2000k bulbs these will do just perfect.

I also intend to make the fogs amber in colour to add the contrast needed in bad weather ,plus i love the look.

The thrid pic is about 3 feet from the door where it shows the fogs actual output is vastly increased.

The silverstars are 2 times better than the stock oem bulbs, but the HIR's are 4X better than the silverstars. They are not white or blue but more like stock bulbs with higher output. We shall see how it goes for life and performance over time.

Like i said it is worth every cent.

PICT0039.sized.jpg

PICT0038.sized.jpg

PICT0040.sized.jpg

• 2 months later...

OK , here are some newer pics.

The first is the original from the top of the post.

The second is the one i just took since i started playing with it

As of right now i have:

JIC coil-over suspension local

L-Sportline dual exhaust(which can't be seen anyway). local

Revised Cold Air intake system custom

cleared both corner lights custom

Made all the taillights red and then added a touch of smoke to darken custom

changed to motul syn oil /Toyota filter

added ground wires from battery custom

replaced cracked R fog-light eBay

HIR 9006 bulbs for my foglights eBay

added new OEM mats eBay

cleaned and waxed including polishing the rims to get the yellow out

anodized the calipers (burnt orange like the Bembo colour)

Sea foamed the intake and gas

replaced NGK iridium plugs local

Adjusted the sensor for the HID's to be a touch higher and further ahead.

1 Key Fob added to system with only grey valet key from eBay

replaced serpentine belt (kept stalling for 10 second in the morning) Lexus

Things to be done as i am waiting for them to be installed and/or delivered

L-sportline urethane body kit from Luxurymods,will be painted over winter with the rims to colour match the faces.Full bumper replacements and 3 piece spoiler(from Dave's on CL)

Urethane eyelids for the headlight eBay (waiting for paint)

20inch 8.5F and 9.5R width 2 piece OZ rims need to get my spacers to clear the calipers from eBay

need to replace one Dunlop sp sport 9000 245/23 20 tire as one is bad as well

15mm H&R hub-centric spacers for the front from Luxury mods

K&N filter from Luxury mods

LED interior kit from Luxury mods

LED 13 bulbs on the tower for corner signals eBay

LED 5 bulbs for bumper corners eBay

clear bumper lights from Luxury mods

Celsior script from Luxury mods

Celsior Hyper rev modification book from Luxury mods

Wood leather steering wheel and shift knobs(still altering colour/finish) eBay

Hood struts X2 eBay

Still looking for

1 dunlop sp 9000 tire (sidewall bubbled)

L rear tail light( small crack)

R rear view mirror glass lens (LCD crystal foggy)

borla 2 to 1 mufflers to replace my Y-pipes X2 for the header and exhaust ends

May anodize the engine bay plastic pieces to match the calipers.

May replace the rotors to slotted/drilled i never hit a track so they won't crack on me being drilled, besides i brake so lightly that my caliper are smooth as chrome.It looks like i wet sand and buff them on all my cars.

Clear bra film for front end as well as some yellow film for the foglights

HID's for my fogs which i partly already have

Backup sensors as well as for the front ,i have one kit already but it has no display.

PICT0004_001.jpg

PICT0703.sized.jpg

Well i just installed the LED interior lights from luxury mods.

Took about 1 hour including taking pics.

Door bulbs were the greatest improvements the dome , ignition and foot wells did not improve at all and were much darker but a nicer colour.

The 2 map lights were not included either and are a round base type one.

The door bulbs end up using 194 bulbs so they are easy to get .

The kit does not have the 6 needed for the upper rear reading access lights which are also 194 bulbs.

The foot well ones were a pain because the bulbs are bigger than the base ,so i had to use a drill bit to open them up to fit. It was easy enough to use my hand turning the drill bit to remove the little bits of plastic.

The ignition bulb was not as hard as you would think to get to but reinstalling the clasps were a pain for some reason.

In all i would just get the 10 194 bulbs needed to change the doors and upper rear lights which would make the most dramatic difference.So i am going to order another set of 6 bulbs for the upper ones soon to finish the look.

I also want to get a new dome light which is bigger and just wire it in which is easy enough for at least double the output as i can;t see a thing with this new one.

the whole kit

Led.sized.jpg

the dome light(led) and map light (original) showing the difference in light colour and output.

LeddomeA_B.sized.jpg

door original

LeddoorA.sized.jpg

door led

LeddoorB.sized.jpg

door led and original comparison

LeddoorsA.sized.jpg

both doors with led

LeddoorsB.sized.jpg

ignition

LedkeyB.sized.jpg

interior original

LedinteriorA.sized.jpg

interior led

LeddomeB.sized.jpg

• 1 month later...

one other thing can you elaborate on the rev mods? pictures of your custom intake?

taken from planet soarer, an intake on this car's yielded less power... did you notice the power gains? i ordered my headers for this car and i will see what difference does it give.