Engine Check Light

Go to an Autozone store and have the error code(s) retrieved. The warning lights could mean a number of things, but your car is actually operating in "safe" mode, meaning it's driveable for a certain amount of time.

Went to autozone and scan code was po 446. the manager said it was oxygen sensor but it did not indicate which one. thy had prices of 149 for the one at the engine and 139 for the one after the catalitic convertor. He said to change both. anyone know where to get a better price?. Also can they be taken out and cleaned?

Bad advice from autozone.

Each code relates to a specifc snesor and the fault registered to help diagnose the problem.

Check the gen maintance section for a list of codes i put there.

If you get one code you have one problem .

Thanks so much for your help. Code po 446 indicates evap emission control system vent control malfunction. Am i correct to look at the carbon canister? If it is that how difficult it it to change?

Gas cap was tight hoses to canister seem ok. How do i reset the code? I know if i disconnect the battery it will make radio read err. I dont know the code. someone said it might be last five numbers of vin.

Went to friends trans shop and he got same code. we cleared the code and think when car was last fueled that cap might have been a tad loose.have driven about 200 mi with no problems.thanks to all who submitted suggestions.

Went to friends trans shop and he got same code. we cleared the code and think when car was last fueled that cap might have been  a tad loose.have driven about 200 mi with no problems.thanks to all who submitted suggestions.

That is one of the reasons why I bought a scanner off ebay. Brand new for around $400:

http://buy1.snapon.com/products/diagnostic...=EESC307A&qty=1

Once you get these there is no going to autozone, no pulling fuses, no guessing and you can do lots more then code reading.

So far it has come in handy on several of my familys cars. Plus the info is priceless.