I Can't Find My Wheel Lock - Grrr!

By any chance did you look in the trunk where the lug wrench is stowed? There should be a little clip on this wrench that holds the key.

I hate to burst your bubble, but those wheel locks are absolutely worthless. They sell the special sockets at Sears that you can use to get them off. My son used to work at Sears Auto and they usually didn't even bother asking for the key, they just used the universal sockets to take them off.

When I bought my ES, I noticed it had them on it, so before I left the dealer when I picked it up I went back to the parts counter and bought 4 new plain lugnuts. I still have the locking nuts and key, I was thinking of putting them on eBay. Any offers?

I hate to burst your bubble, but those wheel locks are absolutely worthless. They sell the special sockets at Sears that you can use to get them off. My son used to work at Sears Auto and they usually didn't even bother asking for the key, they just used the universal sockets to take them off.

When I bought my ES, I noticed it had them on it, so before I left the dealer when I picked it up I went back to the parts counter and bought 4 new plain lugnuts. I still have the locking nuts and key, I was thinking of putting them on eBay. Any offers?

So how the heck are we supposed to protect our rims!?

sad thing is that wheel locks, the club, most alarm systems, etc are to help prevent against the novice thief or PITA thief. Lets face it, if a professional wants your rims or even the whole car, lug locks or not, they are going to get them.

just make sure your are covered for theft and damage.

steviej

When was the last time you heard of anybody having their stock rims swiped?

Pay your insurance, take your chances. Don't park in risky sections of town. Or buy a beater to drive around in, leave the Lexus in your garage.

H8R

KLF cannot get or send PM's yet as he is new.

I agree ,wheel locks are a waste of time and money , unless you own some kind of special edition rim which is not readily availble.

Personally i would rather the stock wheels get stolen so insurance can buy me some new ones ,since for the price of the crap i pay for a new set of rims every year for a peice of mind.

H8R

KLF cannot get or send PM's yet as he is new.

I agree ,wheel locks are a waste of time and money , unless you own some kind of special edition rim which is not readily availble.

Personally i would rather the stock wheels get stolen so insurance can buy me some new ones ,since for the price of the crap i pay for a new set of rims every year for a peice of mind.

ya wheel locks are crap all you need to take them off is a smaller socket you just hamer it on and you can spin the lock off. I hav done this many time's for customers and the sad thing is they end up with a bill of about $150 to remove lock and replace wheel nuts. a flip socket wheel socket will work every time on any lock unless you have the hex lock then you need a 12 point socket to do it . and buy the way the best thing you can do to keep people from jacking your rims is to use a small drop of red lock tight on the wheel stud this wont stop someone from steeling them but it will make it a lot harder and will take longer without damaging the stud u just need to clean the stud affter your remove your wheel . other than that you are beet