Question, Dont Know What This Thing Does

I bought a 1995 ES300 a week ago and its great, i just want to know what that little round red thing under the center of the windshield is. I looked all over the manual and it doesnt mention it at all.. so im just curious.. Thanks. If i sound crazy and no one knows what im talking about, i can take a picture sometime.

I remember this was discussed long time ago. If I recall correctly, it's either a sensor/transmitter piece for your remote master key fob when locking/unlocking doors, or something related to your climate control system.

Make sure you keep the sensor clean and dust-free. A friend of mine had some stuff covering his sensor (without realizing it) and he couldn't figure out why the A/C wasn't very cold. Once he removed the debris from the dashboard... problem solved.

The little red globe on the dash is a "solar sensor".

It is a solar panel that lets the hvac ecu know how much sun is facing the driver, it then activates a certain amount of air driected through the vents to cool the front passengers faces more if needed.

It should not change the temp of the hvac sytem,.