Cpo 2002 Rx300 Headlight

CPO MD

Most dealerships have vendors that come by and do repairs on their lot, such as small dent repairs, windshield repair, interior repair, and paint touch-up.

These vendors will sometimes put a small mark on the headlight so if they come to the lot every week they will see their mark and will not inspect the vehicle again.

Jerry

Most dealerships have vendors that come by and do repairs on their lot, such as small dent repairs, windshield repair, interior repair, and paint touch-up.

These vendors will sometimes put a small mark on the headlight so if they come to the lot every week they will see their mark and will not inspect the vehicle again.

Jerry

hmm, that's interesting. i heard of another guy who bought a CPO RX300 and had the same "X" on one of his headlights. he thought it was because they replaced the lens cover of that one headlight, and not the other. :huh:

It would really surprise me if a Lexus inspector was putting a mark on the headlight plastic.

Not saying it's impossible, but I would be surprised.

I would hope that they would have a bit more common sense than to mark up a vehicle on the lot.

I wonder if we'll ever really know what the true reason is?

Tom

I think they do mark them in some secret way...

My CPO 2002 RX300 (got it about 2 mo. ago) had a small, 1/8" diameter BLUE dot stuck on the left rear tail light. On the clear plastic part of the light. We noticed all the cars on the lot had that. I'm not sure what it means.

When we got the car home, we removed that blue dot sticker. :huh:

It was about as big as this smiley face.