Xm/sirius

Hi,

I've been reading some posts about satellite radio services. Can't decide between XM and Sirius. Also, my bigger concern deals with how I will hook it up. I don't want to spend a ton of money doing this, but I also want to avoid the "Discman" setup I used to have a few years back (with cords everywhere). I am also concerned about possible theft if I mount the radio in a visible area. What do you all think?

How would this work? http://www.xmradio.com/commander/index.jsp

Thanks for the input.

If you want to go with the company that has 70% of the satellite radio customers, plus has the smaller receivers with more options you'll want XM. The commander would be a nice unit because of it's size and ease of use, however you will not be able to use it inside your home.

If you end up with XM, I suggest checking out Channel 202 which hosts Opie & Anthony. Many people compare them to Stern, but they are younger and more in tune to OUR generation. :cheers:

I would recommend XM, because from my experience with both, XM has been better. We rented a car from Avis a few months ago on a trip, and it had XM and it was amazing. We then bought the portable one that you can use in your home, car, or as a walkman. It's the XM2Go silver one, and it's awesome. i usually have it mounted in my 4Runner, and it's in the compartment between the seats with wires running under the console and into the back of the stereo. It looks similar to SW03ES's setup.

It has great signal almost anywhere you go. only trouble i've had with it is someplaces on I-95 going south towards Williamsburg, because of the trees along the road. But other than that it's amazing.

Hi,

I've been reading some posts about satellite radio services.  Can't decide between XM and Sirius.  Also, my bigger concern deals with how I will hook it up.  I don't want to spend a ton of money doing this, but I also want to avoid the "Discman" setup I used to have a few years back (with cords everywhere).  I am also concerned about possible theft if I mount the radio in a visible area.  What do you all think?

How would this work?  http://www.xmradio.com/commander/index.jsp

Thanks for the input.

I have enjoyed Sirius for a year now in my old car. I'll be putting the Sirius Starmate in the ashtray of my LS 400 as soon as I work up the courage to take a Dremmel tool to my just purchased Lexus. When I am done, I'll close the ashtray for the the complete stealth installation. I talked to a sales guy that has both, and is cancelling XM.

• 4 months later...