New Exhaust Tips

dcfish

• 4 weeks later...

nice

Thanx, The more I look at them the more I like them. I really didn't like the stock tips besides the finish was shot . Eventually I will replace with a catback.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey DC, can you tell me how you removed the stock tips from your GS. Mine's look like crap and i'm ready to replace them. Also did you replace with the screw on's or did you weld it.

To remove the stock tips I used a large channel lock and just twisted them off, They are only friction fit [ although they look welded ] The tips that I put on have three bolts ,very secure and much better than screw mount . I will be upgrading to a catback in the near future so I wasn't looking for the welded tips. But I like them and they look even better in person.:cheers: The bolts are really well hidden because of the length of the tip and the curvature of the tailpipe. ;)

To remove the stock tips I used a large channel lock and just twisted them off, They are only friction fit [ although they look welded ] The tips that I put on have three bolts ,very secure and much better than screw mount . I will be upgrading to a  catback in the near future so I wasn't looking for the welded tips. But I like them and they look even better in person.:cheers: The bolts are really well hidden because of the length of the tip and the curvature of the tailpipe. ;)

I have the new tips and still having a difficult time removing the stock ones. I have locking pliers (not sure if this is the same as channel lock) and twisting with no luck. Any other hints at this...I definitely dont want to destroy the tailpipe. Thx for your help.

To remove the stock tips I used a large channel lock and just twisted them off, They are only friction fit [ although they look welded ] The tips that I put on have three bolts ,very secure and much better than screw mount . I will be upgrading to a  catback in the near future so I wasn't looking for the welded tips. But I like them and they look even better in person.:cheers: The bolts are really well hidden because of the length of the tip and the curvature of the tailpipe. ;)

I have the new tips and still having a difficult time removing the stock ones. I have locking pliers (not sure if this is the same as channel lock) and twisting with no luck. Any other hints at this...I definitely dont want to destroy the tailpipe. Thx for your help.

Grab a hold of the old ones with a channel lock and twist and pull at the same time they will come off .

• 1 month later...
Just wanted to share my new tips with you. Replaced my stock tips today $40.00 I really like them and they aren't too gaudy.  B)

Hey, really nice exhaust tips! Where did you find these?

I found them at Pep Boys auto store, They were on clearance [ the last two in that store ] They are holding up exceptionally well. I am pleased with the find.