Bra On A Black Gs 400

I believe they sell 'clear' bras at dealerships and online.  I hear it works very well and is only visually noticable up close.  Do a search to find out where you might be able to purchase the bra.

I have had a bra on my G3 since 2001 and am satisfied. Check my avitar B)

The bra was custom made by Colgan Custom. When I first looked for a bra Colgan didn't make one for the GS but they made one and it took about 2 weeks to receive. ;)

http://www.colgancustom.com/

what style did u get???? the 2 piece sport or 2 piece original....extra crispy... one breast a wing and side of mac and cheese....

it looks like u have the original... can u still see the chrome through the mesh grill cover or could that be removed.???

post-1634-1119300277_thumb.jpg

what style did u get???? the 2 piece sport or 2 piece original....extra crispy... one breast a wing and side of mac and cheese....

it looks like u have the original... can u still see the chrome through the mesh grill cover or could that be removed.???

2 piece sport, you can see the grille through the mesh although you could remove it or ask when ordering if they will make one without the mesh.

Just bought black GS 430, had the same question.

If you are really meticulous with taking care of your car's exterior, the traditional bra is the way to go, versus the clear bra. The clear will show imperfections just as the paint will, and on black that's a bad idea. I just got off the phone with the dealership here who actually steered me in that direction. Consider that they could have made double by pushing me into a clear bra, but didn't when I said I kept my cars immaculate and wanted my black GS to look perfect.

He said that if you take it off and clean it, keep it waxed, he would go with the traditional bra for a black car.

They would have made a bundle more on Service versus just selling a part, at half the price at that.

I believe they sell 'clear' bras at dealerships and online.  I hear it works very well and is only visually noticable up close.  Do a search to find out where you might be able to purchase the bra.

The bra was custom made by Colgan Custom. When I first looked for a bra Colgan didn't make one for the GS but they made one and it took about 2 weeks to receive. ;)

Why didn't you go with the Lexus one? I'm about to buy one from the dealer, $200, because I didn't want an off brand. What was your reason?

Why didn't you go with the Lexus one? I'm about to buy one from the dealer, $200, because I didn't want an off brand. What was your reason?

I looked at alot of bras [ including lexus ] and found the colgan to be the best bra for the $ and there quality is top notch . I have them on both of my LEXUS and myfather-in law has colgans on three camry's and his LS400 for 5 years now and he lives in AZ. and never had a problem. You have to keep them clean and protected and they will stay like new for years.

just wondering why you would need a bra in AZ? isnt it to protect your car from gravel they put on the road when it snows?

The desert is Rock and sand and windy, The roads are full of the stuff. But it is one of my favorite places. :cheers:

Clear bras a look best , i hate regualr type vinyl bras ,it takes away from the look of a car

It can be removed from oem paint easy but bonds really well to any paint.

A good craftsman can fit the bra so perfectly you won;t even know it is on except when the parts are removed.

Vinyl bras really make a car looked dated form the 80's

Clear bras a look best , i hate regualr type vinyl bras ,it takes away from the look of a car

It can be removed from oem paint easy but bonds really well to any paint.

A good craftsman can fit the bra so perfectly you won;t even know it is on except when the parts are removed.

Vinyl bras really make a car looked dated form the 80's

Well when it comes to the look of the vinyl bras I could take it or leave it. The protection is much better than a clear bra. Maybe one should have the clear bra under the vinyl bra so when you take the vinyl one off after a road trip you still have some protection. ;)

that's a thought DC if that much protection is needed.

Too much wouldn't hurt , And you could still cruise around without the vinyl bra and maintain some protection. Now that I think about it I might have a clear bra installed. ;)