Rx330 Hesitatation

Rick04

I'm new to the forum and have seen only one comment re the RX330 hesitation problem during acceleration. My RX does it especially after going thruogh "easypass" or changing lanes. The car hesitates for tow or three seconds and then the engine races until the transmission engages. I feel like this problem is a potential safety issue especially when changing lanes at high speeds, if the power isn't there I feel like I could get clipped in the rear. Any comments?

I've got it ... getting more and more irritating. I had the computer "re-flashed" and it was MUCH better, but reappeared after a while. I really wish it didn't happen b/c I really like the car a lot otherwise, but must admit it's extremely irritating if not dangerous. Supposedly there's a fix on the way.

I just had my dealer download the latest shift enhancement update last month. It's suppose to be the lastest & greatest. Although I was not impressed right away, after 500 miles & it learning my driving habits it's seems to get better & better. Mimimal shift delays & no more jolting. Hope it stays this way.

I just had my dealer download the latest shift enhancement update last month. It's suppose to be the lastest & greatest.  Although I was not impressed right away, after 500 miles & it learning my driving habits it's seems to get better & better. Mimimal shift delays & no more jolting.  Hope it stays this way.

We had the fix done and it still scared my wife as she is the one who drives it daily.

I ended up trading it in for a different car and now there is peace in the family. :cheers:

The car hesitates for tow or three seconds and then the engine races until the transmission engages. I feel like this problem is a potential safety issue especially when changing lanes at high speeds, if the power isn't there I feel like I could get clipped in the rear. Any comments?

Mine does it too, and yes I believe it is a true safety concern. When I'm trying to change lanes or any time I need that extra 'umphh', it isn't there right away, and it scares me a bit.

My wifes GS does the same thing but the engine revs a whole lot before it slowly picks up.

Thanks for the information on the tweaks that the dealer can do.

There is a brand new UPDATED TSB(revised) for the shifting problem--so run down to the dealer and have them upload it---hopefully this will take care of the problem.

The new update was available May 20

does anyone know what causes this to happen? I don't have any hesitation on my 04 rx330. And i can honestly say my transmission wishes i was dead. I am very agressive, pick up speed quickly etc. My rx300's gave me the problems.

My 04 rx330 has over 43,000 miles on it now, still NO problems that i can tell. The transmission seems much smoother than the rx300 is.

Its the original TSB that came out for the tranny shifting problem, they have revised it and it now has a new program. So just tell the dealer to use that one and it should have revised warning on it I would guess and make sure its dated no earlier than May 20 as that is when it came out as was told by my service Girl (Yes she knows her stuff) Mine is getting done tomorrrow if i can get it there in time?