Strange Liquid Sound From Rear

Recently I have noticed, whenever I stop or turn, there is a strange sound similar to water moving coming from somewhere behind in the car. My trunk is completely empty and there are no water bottles in the car (checked it half a dozen times). The sound is similar to that produced by a container half filled with water put in the trunk.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks =)

Recently I have noticed, whenever I stop or turn, there is a strange sound similar to water moving coming from somewhere behind in the car. My trunk is completely empty and there are no water bottles in the car (checked it half a dozen times). The sound is similar to that produced by a container half filled with water put in the trunk.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks =)

Isn't the gas tank right behind the rear seats in the sc ? That could be the source.

Have you looked in the spare tire area?

I looked at the spare tire area, and it is all dry. Even checked the rear floor. The only part I have not checked is under the rear seats.

I never noticed this in the last year I was driving, only 2 days back. If its the gas tank, is it normal, because I have not noticed this is any other car either.

Thanks !

I would definately say gas tank. Every time I have rear passengers say whats that water slushing noice, I look at gas gauge and I am on a 1/4 tank most the time. Check your gas level next time you hear it.

I would definately say gas tank. Every time I have rear passengers say whats that water slushing noice, I look at gas gauge and I am on a 1/4 tank most the time. Check your gas level next time you hear it.

Yeah check to see how much gas you have when you hear the sloshing, then fill it up and see if you still have it.

• 1 month later...

I had this problem which was also causing my radio to cut out as well. It's just possible that you have the same problem.Mine was water under the back seat. Under then back seat bottom there are 2 wells that filled up with water when it rained and it stayed there for a long time. I discovered it while replacing my fuel pump. Pick up your rear bottom seat and investigate. I traced the water leak to a tear in the door gasket seal near the top of the door. I didn't want to replace the expensive door seal gasket so I cut a drain hole for the water in the gasket at the bottom near the door opening. This alowed the water to drain at the bottom and out the lower door area. It never happened again.

I had this problem which was also causing my radio to cut out as well. It's just possible that you have the same problem.Mine was water under the back seat. Under then back seat bottom there are 2 wells that filled up with water when it rained and it stayed there for a long time. I discovered it while replacing my fuel pump. Pick up your rear bottom seat and investigate. I traced the water leak to a tear in the door gasket seal near the top of the door. I didn't want to replace the expensive door seal gasket so I cut a drain hole for the water in the gasket at the bottom near the door opening. This alowed the water to drain at the bottom and out the lower door area. It never happened again.

Almost 99.9% certain its the gas tank. My rear speakers were disconnected and I heard that described sound quite frequently.