Buying A Supercharged Lexus

Super-charged...? Any specs? Might be smart to run a background check on the car. Also, have a trusted mechanic take a deep look at the vehicle's condition. Ask for service records? Be cautious though, some (not most) folks that sup their cars up, usually cause damage to engine components b/c of their driving behavior.

We buy Lexus because their engineers, and their build quality and materials quality are the best in the world. A modified Lexus has the engineering, build and materials of the person who modded it, which is not going to be as good. Maybe OK, maybe not. I would not consider a highly modded car, especially a Lexus, because the work done in somebody's garage or shop is now the weak link in the chain.

My short answer is "run like hell".

I have recently come across a supercharged lexus gs400, now would it be smart to purchase a car that is supercharged already?

This would mostly depend on who made the kit and what supercharger is on it. Consider fuel management as well. Some of the compressors out there have had some serious problems.

Who would sell a supercharged GS400 that looks and runs the way it should? Something is fishy. What would be considered an upgrade to that? A Ferrari Enzo sedan? If I had a GS400 that was supercharged under my ownership and supervision by Rod Millen, I would sleep in it and be buried in it some day. Ask him if he will sell you the supercharger kit, so you can buy your own trustworthy GS400 from an old lady who always drives with 2 hands and can't see over the steering wheel anymore (if possible).

Best of luck,

Anthony.

imho i think that is one of the lamest gs400s i have seen. i mean it looks like an entire forest was cut down for all that wood grain, and the skulls painted on the engine cover. i think its tacky and tasteless

but i guess at the end of the day its still a lexus, im just saying i think its nasty :whistles:

imho i think that is one of the lamest gs400s i have seen. i mean it looks like an entire forest was cut down for all that wood grain, and the skulls painted on the engine cover. i think its tacky and tasteless

but i guess at the end of the day its still a lexus, im just saying i think its nasty :whistles:

Buy the G4 that you want ,Then install a supercharger that you know is in excellent condition. I think you would be buying someone elses problem. Good Luck !!! B)

agreed-

those stick on wood grain kits are cheesy as hell, and the engine cover is pretty lame. I'm not that fond of the wheels either. I'll bet that car has has a few beatings in it's time. ;)

how much is a good supercharger

From my experience, the only supercharger I know of for the GS400, the RMM one, was around $6500 new, but they are hard to find and you may be able to get a used one for much less than that. They are discontinued so I don't think RMM sells them anymore :(