Very Important Must Read

razahyde

i was turning the lexus wheel after it had locked on me and now i can not get it to unlock please help me fix this i put the key in and tried to turn it on nothing happens key wont spin please help me this is urgent

Have you tried turning the wheel and key at the same time? What I mean is turn the wheel left and right and try to get the key to engage. Try doing that so it will unlock. I remember that happened to my mom on her 4Runner. After working it for a little bit it was all good.

Good Luck

get my car towed while the wheel is turned to the right all the way i dont think thats such a good idea and its parked in the garage

Sounds like a stuck lock cylinder. Take the key out. Now spray some penetrating lubricant, one with a straw on the end, WD40 or whatever into the lock cylinder. Insert the key and work the key till it turns. Hope this helps. Also maybe try your spare key. Your original may be worn out.

i wish i had a spare should had one made today while i was at sewell my key isnt worn out i kno thats not the problem its jammed and its to the point where turning the wheel and key at same time wont work.

the key turns a little bit but not to the point where it turns on (im sure u might have known that just making sure)

and where do i spray the graphite spray into the ignition?

Turn the key, then pull hard on the wheel.  Believe it or not, it will unlock!

Spray right into the slot the key goes in to loosen up the tumblers. It really sounds like this is your problem.

i was turning the lexus wheel after it had locked on me and now i can not get it to unlock please help me fix this i put the key in and tried to turn it on nothing happens key wont spin please help me this is urgent

Yank the steering wheel hard to the left with one hand at the same time twist the key to come out with the other......Fords & Chryslers usually suffer this problem

:cheers:

get my car towed while the wheel is turned to the right all the way i dont think thats such a good idea and its parked in the garage

Tow trucks are equipped to handle this, you wouldn't be the first person they towed with the wheels turned to the side and the driver doesn't have a key to turn them. They put the front wheels on dollys.

i went to the local mechanic and he came over and fixxed the problem.....he lifted the right front wheel up off the ground and he pulled on the wheel to where it came out and i turned the steering and key at the same time and it did the trick only cost me $20 so it wasnt much of a loss

thanks to all of those who helped me out

-if u dont mind me asking why does lexus have this feature