Help! Car Gets Really Dirty Fast

Hey guys, I'm new here, and this is my first post! I just got a new 2005 Lexus GS300 (thats still the 2nd gen body style). It's black exterior and tan/beige interior. I love the car, but I have this one issue with it...it gets dirty on the outside really really easily. I have washed it every 5-6 days since I've owned it. I'll wash it by hand and clean it all up nicely with my micro-fiber cloths, but in a few days it shows all the dust, and picks up alot of dust. So, you see these like water spot looking things on the car bit they are all dusty and brown. Do others with this black paint have this same issue?? Is there something I can put some kind of rub or solution or coting or something on the outside of the car so that the dirt repels it? By the way, the car is literally brand new, it's just about 1 month old.

Thanks for your help, this is a great forum!!

By the way...WELCOME to the forum!  :) :)

So you just use that McQuires detailer and it cleans it up? By using that it wont cause the dirt to scratch into the paint? Or, should I get one of those swiffer car dusters? http://www.homemadesimple.com/swiffer/usen...s/dusters.shtml

Also, how many bottles of that stuff do you go through in a month?

Thanks for the welcome, I'm excited about the new car and excited about this forum~! :D

I use the Swiffer for the interior of the car, not the exterior. I know several people that use the "California Car Dusters". I tried it, but wasn't overly impressed.

Here's a link: http://calcarduster.com/originalDuster.asp

I haven't had any problems with the Quick Detailer causing any scratches and I've used it for about 10 years now. In fact, I keep a bottle & a couple of towels in my trunk - my parking space at work is right under a tree...can you say "bird crap"! :o

Also, how many bottles of that stuff do you go through in a month?

A bottle probably lasts me a couple months. I usually wash my car once a week so it stays relatively clean.

I would begin with removing the 'water spots and the brown spots could be rust blooms that also should be removed and the surface neutralized before they stain the paint system and attack the base metal under the paint

JonM

I would begin with removing the 'water spots and the brown spots could be rust blooms that also should be removed and the surface neutralized before they stain the paint system and attack the base metal under the paint

JonM

Rust blooms? Already? I've owned the car for a month, how could it be rusting. I'm pretty sure its just dust and dirt that gets caugth on the surface.

Cars need to be clayed when they're new to prevent rust blooms, new cars ride on ships and trains and you can get imbedded metal shards in the paint that will rust over time if not removed.

I suggest you read all the tutorials in the detailing area, the answers to MOST of your questions will be in there.

I use the Swiffer for the interior of the car, not the exterior.  I know several people that use the "California Car Dusters".  I tried it, but wasn't overly impressed.

Here's a link: http://calcarduster.com/originalDuster.asp

I haven't had any problems with the Quick Detailer causing any scratches and I've used it for about 10 years now.  In fact, I keep a bottle & a couple of towels in my trunk - my parking space at work is right under a tree...can you say "bird crap"!  :o

I have used the California Duster for almost 10 years, its a great tool for that layer of dust that accumulates overnight or during the day at work. They are a soft cloth with carnuba in the fabric. I have a black GS as well, I dust it off every morning . My car is garaged so there is no condensation on it in the morning...can't dust a wet car. The car also has to be cool and out of the sun to make sure not to get carnuba streaks when you dust.