Is This A Good Deal?

strmrdr23

I just blew it out with my air compressor after soaking it it in hot water for a few minutes. 100 PSI will blow out any particles. It looked brand new afterwards. It was black and totally choked with dirt before and it was totally white afterwards. I was actually surprised it worked. The filter is made out of woven polypropylene, and is extremely durable. It seems like one could do this for the life of the filter.

Toyota Cabin Air Filters were developed with the intent of providing a more comfortable breathing environment within your vehicle. They are a critical component of select new Toyotas' ventilation system which work to minimize indoor pollution. These filters capture unwanted particles such as pollen, dust, and other pollutants before they enter your vehicle's passenger compartment. What's the ultimate benefit to you? Cleaner, fresher air!

http://www.toyota.com/html/shop/dealers/pa...airfilters.html

As Tylermnq indicated, RX's cabin AC filter is washable. It is not the multi-layered thick paper filter found on other cars. Those filters you can not wash and expect to have filters still intact for reuse.

Don't just rely on Toyota web's general statement, pull one out of RX to confirm.

And how do you know if the OEM filter wasn't impregnated with an anti-microbial material, fungicide, to prevent or !Removed! the breeding and growth of mold and mildew spores?