Front Bumper Repair-frustrated

Hello everyone,

I just had my lexus front bumper cover and passenger fender replaced by a "reputatble" body shop in Toronto for $2500 due to a fender bender. I believe their work is crap! Why?

1. Missing the front splash guard under the bumper.

2. Fog lights do not fit nicely in their places...one inch gap on the right and half inch gap on the left.

Q3. When one looks through the 2 bumper grills on the sides, do you see the washer fluid tank on the right side and the horn on the left? I feel that they left some parts out of that as well. Could someone be kind enough to check and tell me, I think they didn't put any absorber in....:chairshot:

8903010.gif

I will be taking it back but this is taking alot of my time. Who knows what other parts they screwed me with...ANYONE have any pics of an ORIGINAL bumper/insides for a 95/96??

I just checked my ES (granted it's a 1992) and I can see the horn on the passenger side through the 2 bumper grill sides. As far as the washer tank, it's not on the driver side, but on the passenger side as well near the horn, but I can't see it though. Sorry I couldn't be much help. In any case they didn't put on the gravel/splash shield and your fog lights aren't matched up correctly. They did a crummy job <_< . Hope it gets corrected soon.

The main horns are behind the upper grille and in the L fender besides the battery.

The washer bottle is on the R sideand can be veiwed through the grille in the bumper.

Who did you take it too get fixed.

If you want i can take a look at it for you.

The main horns are behind the upper grille and in the L fender besides the battery.

The washer bottle is on the R sideand can be veiwed through the grille in the bumper.

Who did you take it too get fixed.

If you want i can take a look at it for you.

Perhaps the lack of the splash guard just makes the bumper "insides" look empty. The reason I suspected that there was something in front of the washer bottle is that the bottle looked so clean considering it would have at least some rain/snow/salt during head wind.

I took it to Carstar since they had a good reputation from the older people I have talked to.

Thanks for the offer, I will try to take alot of pictures and post them tommorow. If you can comment on them, I would really appreciate it.

Here's the message:

Sorry! This page is unavailable.

The page you were trying to visit is no longer accessible.

This usually occurs because:

The album or photo was deleted by the owner.

You do not have permission to view this album, photo or web page.

The web address is misspelled or no longer valid.

I can see the pics.

With otu having more detail on what was replace and the accident it leaves alot of guess work.

Got more info for us?

It was an impact on the passenger side front just under the headlight...thank goodness...crushing both the fender and the bumper. The impact did not touch the tires so no alignment was done...but the shock cracked a few other things that may have been weakend over the years like the mirror and the foglight.

New front bumper cover

New passenger side front fender

New absorber

New passenger mirror (glass only)

New foglight (passenger side only)

parts 1300$, labour $1000 +tax

I am surprised nobody picked this out from the first picture but THERE IS NO SPLASH GUARD MISSING. I assumed there was supposed to be one because there are currrently 3 screw holes on each side of the "side spoilers" (2,3 in picture below) (anyone know what they are for???).

I have confirmed this with a friend's es300. 96.

8903015.gif

This leaves the question...how much gap is there supposed to be with the fog lights. I noticed that my friend's es300 has uneven foglights with some uneven gap as well. Is this normal? Can anyone else check what their foglight gaps are?

the pic you are showing in the last pic is not splash guards it is the mounts and metal reinforcments that are located at the top of the bumper not under it.

Here is a better picture. There are 6 empty screw holes that seem to be begging for something...hence my original false suspicion that I was missing a piece of the splash guards. I have all the splash guard (total 4).

Anyone know what those 6 screw holes are/were for?

Here is the pic of what I am talking about.

hole.jpg

Update, well they put a big fat ugly non lexus screw on the wheel well where they missed first time, adjusted the foglights...I said thank you went home.

Well, my girlfriend found another flaw today....THEY forgot to put the lower right molding on the fender...UUUUUUUHHHHHHHH...This one I am sure because the left molding is there.

Looks like I am spending all my life at car repairs.: :wacko:

Is there any recourse to this endless headache or am I just too picky of a lexus freak. :D

Your not picky ,you paid for a repair not an idiot to experiment with your money.

Tell them to take the car for a day and make sure everything is in proper order or your next appearance will be in court for their incompetance.

UPDATE: to "The Car and the Restless"

Well, at first they suspected that the molding was not there in the first place. I had to argue that it was.

After, they admitted their error and will replace the molding.

For that tiny piece of plastic under the front fender...

350CAD$...wow.