Whats The New Ls Gonna Look Like?

ED.

It's a little sportier, I'm told, and I supposed to have lots more power. Perhaps the biggest visual change to the car will be the addition of a third rear wheel, which they found was necessary to handle all of the additional power. Someone finally wised up and decided to put the spare to good use!

:P

No, not like a wheelie wheel, I mean the 5th wheel will be right in between the other two rear wheels - as if on the same axle, but without the axle. Leave it to Lexus to pioneer 5 wheel independent suspension. Last I heard, they were teaming up with Ford to develop an off-road Eddie-Bauer edition LS which will feature a retractable 5h wheel, so you could clear stumps and things when you go off-roading.

No, not like a wheelie wheel, I mean the 5th wheel will be right in between the other two rear wheels - as if on the same axle, but without the axle.  Leave it to Lexus to pioneer 5 wheel independent suspension.  Last I heard, they were teaming up with Ford to develop an off-road Eddie-Bauer edition LS which will feature a retractable 5h wheel, so you could clear stumps and things when you go off-roading.

Dude, I know you're playin....but still, lay off the wacky tobaccy! :lol: You guys really believe that?, come on!!

From what I've heard the new LS is going to be called the LS460 and it will come in 3 models. Long wheelbase, short wheelbase, and a hybrid model. I have no idea what it looks like but I'm sure it will impress us.

You've got to admit that 5 wheel independent suspension sounds kind of clever, though.:chairshot:

I've got to hand it to that East Carolina Pirate. That is the best one I've read anywhere. It sounds like he really had some of you going...it isn't even April 1! :cheers:

No, not like a wheelie wheel, I mean the 5th wheel will be right in between the other two rear wheels - as if on the same axle, but without the axle.  Leave it to Lexus to pioneer 5 wheel independent suspension.  Last I heard, they were teaming up with Ford to develop an off-road Eddie-Bauer edition LS which will feature a retractable 5h wheel, so you could clear stumps and things when you go off-roading.

Sweet!

As probably the only person who'se ever been offroad in an LS on purpose I can safely say thats a neccesity ;)

And if you ask real nice I might just share that story.

Steve, Oh, do tell... Offroading in an LS with no Bose equipped, Eddie-Bauer edition 5 wheel independent suspension? Impossible!

I had previously contemplated a rocket powered, spiky wheeled LS for skiing (see picture), but I think the 5th wheel hybrid LS460h should work better.

post-10898-1116008982_thumb.jpg

We used to (my parents still do, but I havent gone in the past couple years) go to WV (where our family is from) and visit all our family in the local cemetaries to put flowers down etc. Some of these cemetaries are pretty remote, one requires driving up a steep trail more or less with roots and rocks and one requires driving up a long steep hill with 3 foor high grass and only slight ruts where the tires travel. Remote.

One year we took dad's LS, his 98 one he had before the new one and he hadn't thought about getting back to those cemetaries and we had to do it in the LS, with 5 passengers. We did fine, only bottomed out once going up that steep hill with the grass because the angle of attack was so steep. My dad is an excellent driver though.

It was only a year or so old too lol