Cat Back Exhaust

For the sc400 you don't have many options in the U.S., the only full catback system I can find is the Jic Sparten, and it retails for around 1200 usd. A few other companys make rear section, like borla. Or you can go to an exhaust shop and get it custom, that seems to be what most people do.

Most people go with the magnaflow mufflers, as far as piping goes, Ive heard increasing the size will make you lose alot of low end torque, I would just keep the stock piping if I was you. Maybe eliminate the catalytic converters if you don't mind not being legal. I think I'm going to go with hks mufflers and test pipes instead of cats when I do mine.

• 3 months later...

you can buy an axle back tip from any company, just make sure the dimensions fit. As far as size goes, if you are going to do serious work, then it might be different, but as for a N/A engine, dont go bigger then 3". Anything bigger than that and you will lose low end power and not gain anything more top end. I would do 2 and 3/4 inch mandrel bent piping with Borla tips. I have yet to find a better sounding exhaust. i wish i had an example. My friend's GS400 in person will have to do. Sorry.

Juancho

you can buy an axle back tip from any company, just make sure the dimensions fit.  As far as size goes, if you are going to do serious work, then it might be different, but as for a N/A engine, dont go bigger then 3".  Anything bigger than that and you will lose low end power and not gain anything more top end.  I would do 2 and 3/4 inch mandrel bent piping with Borla tips.  I have yet to find a better sounding exhaust.  i wish i had an example.  My friend's GS400 in person will have to do.  Sorry.

Juancho

Try finding a shop that does custom work. http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...topic=23071&hl=

WHAT ARE THE BEST OPTIONS FOR AN EXHAUST SYSTEM?

After a year of research and modifing my prestine 1992 Sc400 I found the perfect most cost effective set up if you plan to run a dragon torque converter would be 2 1/2 piping from the stock cat to the megan racing mufflers. I did this all for $200 ebay and a local muffler shop. I tried changing to a magnaflow high flow cat and lost alot of low end but gained massive top end to my suprise. This is slightly counter productive with dragon torque converter and nos. I went back to the stock clogged cat and got my low end torque back.

If you want to waste money get an intake, I feel the stock flows almost as good as any high performance intake except for maybe a cold air box. This is my testomony and advise.

Most people go with the magnaflow mufflers, as far as piping goes, Ive heard increasing the size will make you lose alot of low end torque, I would just keep the stock piping if I was you. Maybe eliminate the catalytic converters if you don't mind not being legal. I think I'm going to go with hks mufflers and test pipes instead of cats when I do mine.

I tell you 2 1/2 piping from the stock cat to megan racing mufflers. Ebay and a local muffler shop, can get it all done for around $200. Sounds just right and perfect back pressure for low end torque. Great set up with the Dragon torque converter, do not change cat you will lose alot of low end and gain major top end.