If You Hear This Funny Sound......

RX400h

Last Friday as I returned home from the gym, I was asked if I would run up the street to pick up my son at his friend's house. "Sure", I said. "This will give me a chance to drive the 400h after not driving it for a week."

What should've taken a few minutes stretched into 20 minutes, since the dad had just arrived home and wanted to check out the new car....but that's another story....

As I was driving home, I heard a tapping noise coming from under the dash. "Dang!", I uttered, hoping this wouldn't warrant a trip to the dealership after only one week! The next day, the whole family went out to lunch and on the way....you guessed it, the tapping noise surfaced.

"You know", I exclaimed, "I was getting to love this vehicle, now THIS."

"Well, you might want to try doing THIS", the wife said as she casually reached over and popped the sunvisor into its "catch". "How could that solve anything?", I said, pointing to the dash. "That's where the sound came from."

"Just listen." she replied and we drove on. I figured that I'd purposely drive over rough pavement to challenge her solution. "Did you know that SW on the forum doesn't believe that my C5 rides as well as this SUV?" I asked. Before she could answer, we were driving over some rippled pavement and you know what?

The tapping noise never was heard from again!

Word to the wise? Don't forget to fasten your visor!!!

PS I was able to blame this occurence on the wife since she's the one who forgot to latch the visor. :chairshot:

Last Friday as I returned home from the gym, I was asked if I would run up the street to pick up my son at his friend's house. "Sure", I said. "This will give me a chance to drive the 400h after not driving it for a week."

What should've taken a few minutes stretched into 20 minutes, since the dad had just arrived home and wanted to check out the new car....but that's another story....

As I was driving home, I heard a tapping noise coming from under the dash. "Dang!", I uttered, hoping this wouldn't warrant a trip to the dealership after only one week! The next day, the whole family went out to lunch and on the way....you guessed it, the tapping noise surfaced.

"You know", I exclaimed, "I was getting to love this vehicle, now THIS."

"Well, you might want to try doing THIS", the wife said as she casually reached over and popped the sunvisor into its "catch". "How could that solve anything?", I said, pointing to the dash. "That's where the sound came from."

"Just listen." she replied and we drove on. I figured that I'd purposely drive over rough pavement to challenge her solution. "Did you know that SW on the forum doesn't believe that my C5 rides as well as this SUV?" I asked. Before she could answer, we were driving over some rippled pavement and you know what?

The tapping noise never was heard from again!

Word to the wise? Don't forget to fasten your visor!!!

PS I was able to blame this occurence on the wife since she's the one who forgot to latch the visor.  :chairshot:

Very cute story! Let's hear it for all the wives out there :cheers:

Any time I'm careless about putting something like a jacket or briefcase into my RX so it rattles, I really notice the noise. That's the problem with such a quiet car - anything that deviates stands out.