Slip Cover

Got a Yellow lab who loves our 2000ES. We use sheets in back, but this is both messy and doesn't help the look of the car. Are there any back seat covers available for the 2000 model? A Canadian doggie magazine advertising one that's supposedly tailored for each car but it goes forCd $150. The car is sage green(almost looks like a dark grey taupe) with beige leather. I've tried Cdn Tire, Walmart, etc.

Any suggestions? Thanks

I've seen many rear doggy seat covers but they are mainly the universal type. They range in price from about $49 to over $180. I doubt whether you'll find a custom cover for your Lexus. :(

Maybe you could find an upholsterer that could manufacture one for your rear seat with a suitable material, or even ask your Lexus dealer....they might be able to send you in the right direction since there are many pet owners that have the same predicament.

Just a thought. :)

steviej, thanks for info but nothing on that site.

However, just ordered a cover from following site

http://www.puppyproof.com/

It sounds just right- a little expensive(Cdn$162. with tax), but so would replacing the leather.

the cover needs a rubber liner for the leather. I'll let LOC know if it's a good product when i get it next week.

turns out, Lexus actually has a custom seat cover for the back for those owners who have pets (big ones).

I will post the website and the part number should you like.....I warn you though, the price will blow you away. Let's just say, the couch in my house cost just a little more.

steviej

Got the cover today- nice looking gray colour to hide dirt and hopefully blond hair.

Easy to install and took a test ride and it worked well- didn't start coming off. it's made of a sherpa wool man-made fibre, and supposed to be cool in summer and warm in winter. Let's see what Montana has to say.

Keep you posted. Sorry, don't own a digital camera- perhaps i can borrow one to send a picture.