How Much For A 2003 Rx300 Water Pump?

LexKid630

How much for an rx300 water pump?

Does the position in the engine make the price so high?

Isn't it covered under warranty? :unsure:

:cheers:

for how long? I'm just wondering b/c my friend told me that he needed to replace his 00 water pump for $3500. I was wondering if it's the same price as my 2003. I can't believe it's that much.

How many miles on the RX Lexkid?  & do you have the original 'in service date' when the vehicle was purchased new?   :unsure:

His 2000 rx has 52k miles on it. He bought it September 9th of 2000 brand new. He has everything.....all the papers...everything you would get when buying it new...

I mentioned that it's under the warranty, and he said his dealer (also mine :angry: ) said that it wasn't under power train....

How many miles on the RX Lexkid?  & do you have the original 'in service date' when the vehicle was purchased new?   :unsure:

His 2000 rx has 52k miles on it. He bought it September 9th of 2000 brand new. He has everything.....all the papers...everything you would get when buying it new...

I mentioned that it's under the warranty, and he said his dealer (also mine :angry: ) said that it wasn't under power train....

I'd call Lexus head office direct to varify that & read all your paperwork from when the vehicle was brand new........it will state if that is specifically covered. B)

Take it to a Toyota dealer for the water-pump replacement. The RX 300 and the Highlander powertrain are exactly the SAME; the difference is that the Toyota dealer charges about ONE HALF the price of a Lexus dealer. [ and uses the SAME parts ] I have found that the technicians at the Toyota dealer know as much about our 2000 RX 300 as the techs at the Lexus dealer.

Take it to a Toyota dealer for the water-pump replacement.  The RX 300 and the Highlander powertrain are exactly the SAME; the difference is that the Toyota dealer charges about ONE HALF the price of a Lexus dealer.  [ and uses the SAME parts ]  I have found that the technicians at the Toyota dealer know as much about our 2000 RX 300 as the techs at the Lexus dealer.

BOW, were trying to establish if the water pump is would be covered under factory warranty under the powertrain coverage. B)

Take it to a Toyota dealer for the water-pump replacement.  The RX 300 and the Highlander powertrain are exactly the SAME; the difference is that the Toyota dealer charges about ONE HALF the price of a Lexus dealer.  [ and uses the SAME parts ]  I have found that the technicians at the Toyota dealer know as much about our 2000 RX 300 as the techs at the Lexus dealer.

That's a good suggestion; i've heard a lot about how you can take a lexus to the toyota dealers to do the same thing as toyota...The engine's are the same, why should it make a difference fixing it? GOOD SUGGESTION!! :D

That's a good suggestion; i've heard a lot about how you can take a lexus to the toyota dealers to do the same thing as toyota...The engine's are the same, why should it make a difference fixing it? GOOD SUGGESTION!! :D

I had the water pump $75.00 and timing belt changed at Toyota for $489. They did a great job and gave me the old parts as requested. They were 1/3 the price of Lexus. Good luck.