Trying To Decide On Wheels

well u see, i am trying to get some wheels.

I have narrowed down to a specific style i really like. This is the more depth/lip mercedes style. My original coach wheels were like that, besides the fact that they were small and somewhat bent.

just wondering which ones you guys like better

http://www.shoptwm.com/catalog/images/DV630.jpg

or

http://www.wheelsbymbmotoring.com/images/lrg_Ammo.jpg

or

http://www.wheelsbymbmotoring.com/images/lrg_Abyss.jpg

they are all going to be in size 18'

i like the first two designs the best, but was leaning towards the 1st.

Let me know what you all think, i wanna make sure i make a right choice and not end up regretting it later. The car is a black onyx looks like this(cept for a few surprizes on its way shortly):

post-1183-1112435133_thumb.jpg

It might work.

first is the car lowered?

what tires size are you going to install

7.5 is fine possible 8 with a 225 width tire 38 may work but i can;t say as it needs a 43 to match factory so 5 mm difference

yeah , thats interesting. i like those too. But the thing is, the first ones were considerably cheaper than the second. I guess its a matter of, you get what you pay for.

The local shop as ordered the Devino's so i can have a closer look at them. I guess when i go there ill ask him to order the second ones too. That way i can compare the two products in reality, rather than having to do so with simple picture. Its hard really getting to visualize the depth and curves with pictures. I also think that maybe the picture quality on those last two are much better than the devino one. maybe when i get to the shop to see them ill take some photos with my camera and post them up here to see what u guys think.

but SK, whats your tire size? i know youve lowered with eibachs and u have 18s. Whats the width? Right now i have 16 inch LS400 wheels with 215/55. That has worked perfect. I figure if i stick with the same tire 215 series and then 45, that should work--> according to that tire calculator thats posted in the the wheel mods section. I didnt wana go too low profile, but obviously i can only do what fits.

Maybe some of the others that have wheels, descirbe what they've done and what thier dimetions are exactly--> with/without rubbing and speedo acurateness

Haha, which one did you like steviej ?

What did you lower your car with then SK ?

i dont know about them all looking like truck wheels though ? they are all front wheel drive offsets and smaller sized wheels. I'm not looking for the sporty/spoky rims or even the ones that have regualr 5-6 spokes and nothing else special, its over done IMO.

im not a fan of knockoffs, but those would look alright

ofcourse, either am i. though i do not percieve them to be knockoff's, as they are both decent wheel companies. however, if you believe i should be riding on lorenzo's or lowenhart's like yourself--> fine. what ever keeps the extra money in my pocket for tuition. Abercrombie and Fitch is not my style.

however, if you believe i should be riding on lorenzo's or lowenhart's like yourself--> fine.

thats not what i meant. my philosophy is to do things right the first time. ive wasted too much money redoing things on my car, and i wouldnt want you to be in the same boat as i am, thats all. if you just want something thats flashy and looks good while saving you money at the same time, more power to you.

i know what your saying, i just dont have the money... as ive thrown into ground effect, exhaust, HID's, interior..... ect

i have the LS wheels, and just wanted something for the summer that compliments my car well. Nothing as an act of show and shine to others.

Another thing, i live on campus.. its dangerous to have high end wheels catching the eyes of those destructive cons. Ive already has my car *ucked

with once.

I may be the only one who likes the first ones better. The last ones belong on a Benz. I also think you'd be better off w/ 17"s - at least that way you'd still maintain some resemblance to the original ride quality that Lexus is known for.

Don't worry about the low price or if some consider them knockoffs. If you like the rims and they are in your budget then go for it. I could never understand purchasing a $2500 set of rims for a $6000 car (or a $60,000 car for that matter). I guess that my priorities are elsewhere.

All this is of course coming from a guy who still has his original 15" alloys.

Im no showoff, and i could care less about name... especially when in this case its not really "u get what u pay for"

Infact, i hate supporting most of these outrageously priced wheel companies, only rich people can afford them and it sends out a wrong message. Gotta love those celebrity shows where all they can show for thier car's are thier DUB's and DVD monitors they have everywhere.

And how about that one show "pimp my ride"--> just a large giovanna comercial.

branshew- yeah i have 16's with decent thickness and work well as winter tires with great ride. These new ones will only be summer wheels-as the winters here and salt deposits tear up the road and your car.

i went today and picked up a set of the first ones. After seeing them in person i fell in love with them. That picture was really not doing enough justice.

ill take a few pics tonight and show u all.