Silver Turn Signals For 02-04 Es

My rear turn signals always reminded me of a fried egg. Many turn signal today are amber bulbs hidden in a reflective dish behind a small silver barrier so you can't see the amber bulb. The 02-04 ES was not so fortunate. We get these honker amber bulbs glarring at everyone.

Sylvania makes a bulb called "Silvervision" but not in our format. PIAA just came out with the "Mirror Orange" bulb in our format but that still has an orange/amber sheen to it. I even tried to replicate the Silvervision bulb in my garage, but that was not great.

Recently I found a silver coated bulb in the 7440 format. I installed them today and here are some pictures.

STOCK BULBS

gallery_688_27_1112216002.jpg

gallery_688_27_1112216039.jpg

STEALTH BULBS

gallery_688_27_1112216093.jpg

gallery_688_27_1112216134.jpg

They flash well enough to be seen in the sunlight but not as bright as stock, but that was expected. However, the car looks really streamlined now. Not a bad alternative to the failed 05 taillight transplant.

Between installing them and the StopTech stainless steel brake lines, I had a productive day off.

steviej

Where did you buy them Steve? I still have the ones you made installed in the rear ;)

How hard was it to swap the fronts?

I got them on www.stealthauto.com

Talk to Todd if you have any questions. I bought three sets thinking if one blows or they are premature in their lifespan. Then i read the back of the package and they are guaranteed for life with free replacements. They are not as bright as stock but they are definately noticable. Since posting, i have also seen bulbs by APC called "Titaniums" that come in a 7440 config.

The fronts were as easy to install as the rears. It is a tight squeeze to get your hand at the one by the battery, but very easy.

So, if you want the third set I got, we can talk.

steviej

Does anyone know the bulb number for the rear turn signal on the 2000/01?  It is mysteriously missing from my owner's manual...

It is a 7440 (same as mine) but I don't know if it is an amber or clear bulb.

all you bulb numbers are HERE

steviej

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know the bulb number for the rear turn signal on the 2000/01?  It is mysteriously missing from my owner's manual...

It is a 7440 (same as mine) but I don't know if it is an amber or clear bulb.

all you bulb numbers are HERE

steviej

StevieJ,

Reading your signature, where did you get your JDM Chrome Trunk Bar and Rear Spoiler?? Pics?? I just got rid of my 1998 GS300 and purchased a 2003 ES300 and I can't find many, if any, quality mods for the ES like I could for my GS. Any help would be appreciated. By the way, I live in MA too.

Reading your signature, where did you get your JDM Chrome Trunk Bar and Rear Spoiler?? Pics?? I just got rid of my 1998 GS300 and purchased a 2003 ES300 and I can't find many, if any, quality mods for the ES like I could for my GS.  Any help would be appreciated.  By the way, I live in MA too.

bc,

The spoiler is from www.spoilerdepot.com. They can ship in Lexus OEM colors.

I actually purchased the spoiler at and had it installed by Lexus of Norwood.

The JDM chrome trunk bar was purchased online from: www.l-tunedparts.com

It took about 20 minutes to install.

here is a link to some pictures..

steviej

awh hell,

If I knew you were going to sell them, then I would have taken them back just in case one of mine burns out. I figured you could be the nice guy at the next Toronto Lexus Meet and give them to a 2002-2004 owner should you meet one.

:angry:

steviej

They would be my compliments to whomever could make use of them of course ;)

Did not intend to lead anyone to think they were 'for sale' :) Just wanted to clear that up to any other members in case there was a mis-understanding (which steviej & I have already).

Wanted the 'record' to reflect that. B)

If anyone want's them, they are yours.......just PM me your information.

:cheers: