Ls 400 Stolen And Torched

I put a claim in on American Family in may of 06. They said it was coverd and would pay one month later. They never gave me any money. Would not return calls. Got an atterny. I was told they most likly would pay claim within 30 days of getting sued as makes suit worth a lot less. 90 days later and not a penny. They told my atterny that claim was coverd, and aporved, but it does not matter that I have not gotten a penny, and that was thier atterny. Good news is makes my case better. Bad news is I have to fix it out of my pocket! Most insurance companies just bet on beating you down till you will go away. Or feel why pay now, when we can pay the same latter?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put a claim in on American Family in may of 06. They said it was coverd and would pay one month later. They never gave me any money. Would not return calls. Got an atterny. I was told they most likly would pay claim within 30 days of getting sued as makes suit worth a lot less. 90 days later and not a penny. They told my atterny that claim was coverd, and aporved, but it does not matter that I have not gotten a penny, and that was thier atterny. Good news is makes my case better. Bad news is I have to fix it out of my pocket! Most insurance companies just bet on beating you down till you will go away. Or feel why pay now, when we can pay the same latter?

• 1 month later...

[Hey..

I got to this post late.. But the answer is YES.. THe car can be driven without the key....

There are a few ways.....

1. A RFID Recorder... It records the radio frequency that the key sends to the ignition are you insert the key into the ignition.. That frequency when read.. Tells the ignition and cars computer that this is a correct key and allows the car to be started.. SO.. I could walk by your pocket and be near your car when you go to start your car and record your keys frequency....

2. There are a few groups of highly intelligent software developers that write software that disables the rfid requirement and then bypass it and start it with a screwdriver

3. They could have copied your vin Number and then went to the dealership and requested another key.. DO you think the dealer is going to ask for proof that you own the car.. ABSOLUTELY NOT...

If 1 dealer did.. There are 1,000 dealerships in any city within a 1 hour radius...

Thieves that steal high level cars (lexus, benz bmw etc.) are highly intelligent and they know how the cars security features work and they also know the software's weakpoints