Hotshot Windsheild Washer

Hi all...

For those of you who want to install the NEW Hotshot Windsheild Washer system in your ES 300 92-93...from what I can see..there is apsolutely NO room at all in the engine bay to mount the unit..it's way to big and it can only be mounted in the vertical position on the firewall., according to the instructions.

I'm posting this only because I want you to save yourself the hassle of ordering it..then having to send it back for a refund.

I really wanted this to work in my 92 ES 300..but looks like a no-go..such a shame because really looks like a neat idea.

I guess GM thinks it's a good Idea..they are going to have them installed in some of their New models..I hear.

How much did you pay for it.

It is the one with a small resevoir that heats the fluid in it ,right.

I like the benz ML stlye heaters for the headlights.

It runs the fluid through the casing for the foglights to heat them. A really neat idea.

an expensive piece ot !Removed! that is too!

and with thier reputation i dont know how long they would last...

Well folks..success..installed the Hotshot today..and it is working fine...it wasnt easy though..because there really isnt any room..but found just enough. Had to mount it on the cruise control cover..and ran the wiring next to the brake booster thru the firewall. The washer fluid is nice and warm now.

• 2 weeks later...
How much did you pay for it.

It is the one with a small resevoir that heats the fluid in it ,right.

I like the benz ML stlye heaters for the headlights.

It runs the fluid through the casing for the foglights to heat them. A really neat idea.

The going price for them is 169.00 ..they work good tho..already used them twice this past week..

Can you let me know how exactly you installed it?  I am interested in installing the model in my car, however I dont want to mess anything up! :rolleyes:

It is really EASY to install...there are very good intructions on how to install it..the only problem is..where in your engine bay you can install it..

On my 92 ES300 I installed it on the side of the cruise control cover..then ran the input hose from the Windsheild washer resovoir pump to the hotshot input port.

Then I hooked up a hose from the output port on the hotshot to the hose I just disconnected from the windsheild washer pump to the nozzels, so the output from the Hotshot would go directly back thru the hose going to the nozzles.

After that I drilled a small hole thru the firewall just to the right of the brake booster for the control switch to go thru and mounted it on the dash close to the driver.

I hooked up the red wire directly to the battery positive side and the black wire directly to the ground side of the battery.

That's it..but I do not know where to hook it up to your model Lexus, you'd have to figure that one out..sorry I can't help you there.

Hope this helps!!! Good Luck

Rascal