Rx300 Transmission Problems More Prone To Who?

rx300mac

Which kind of drivers are more prone to the transmission problems in their rx300's; mostly highway or city driving? Is more highway/long distance at a time driving worse for the transmission? Will it make the problems occur sooner than city use? Thanks i am not that fimiliar with engine/engineering aspects of a car :whistles:

My first rx300 had transmission problems 4 years (77k miles) from when i bought it in 1999 (early compaired to others). All my driving was ALL highway so i would conclude that highway would make it go out faster? But this is only from my experience i think you wil need some more input for a deffinite answer.

Which kind of drivers are more prone to the transmission problems in their rx300's; mostly highway or city driving? Is more highway/long distance at a time driving worse for the transmission? Will it make the problems occur sooner than city use? Thanks i am not that fimiliar with engine/engineering aspects of a car  :whistles:

My transmission started acting up at 64000 miles. I really do a mixture of driving daily.Living in the suburbs, I drive short highway and city driving combos to work daily. I don't take a lot of long distance driving trips either.

We all do a mix of highway vs. city driving, some moreso than others. The common tendency is that AWD owners bear a greater risk of transmission problems than FWD owners do. My wife does quite a bit of highway driving, and her transmission failed at just over 48,000 miles.